Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Made a move back to rigid forks and loving it!
  • letmetalktomark

Now I know suspension has its place – on the front of my Soul for a start!

But ……

Having refitted rigid forks on a couple of my bikes I am loving it.

Reminds me of my first mtbs and those fitted with elastomer suspension forks 😆

Perfect for the mincing riding I tend to do.

That’s all.

gingerss
    Free Member

Me too.

Good for skills! I’m finding I need to preempt the terrain much more carefully and to stay really loose. Brill for hoofing off stuff and getting lots of air.

zippykona

My arms are fizzing just thinking about it.

garage-dweller

Just done the same on the on one mainly because i wanted the forks for another project .

Haven’t ridden it off road in anger yet. What i have noticed is you can feel the flutter in the tip of the fork under hard braking (on one steel fork and 180mm disc). i guess the movement in the suspension damped that before.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

What i have noticed is you can feel the flutter in the tip of the fork under hard braking (on one steel fork and 180mm disc). i guess the movement in the suspension damped that before.

Or the rigi fork just flexs more than the suspension fork did, so it’s less stiff. That’s probably what it is.

letmetalktomark

The Salsa forks I am using flap about all over the place with 160mm rotors but they are comfortable – I just try not to look at the fork under braking 😯

garage-dweller

^^^^seems logical and i am not exactly light!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Made a move back to rigid forks and loving it!’ is closed to new replies.