Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lotus Mech Hanger — Anyone Know Where I Can Get One?
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Anyone remember the Lotus bikes from the early nineties?
    I believe they were an attempt by British Eagle to get a foot in the door of the quality market.

A customer brought one into my shop this week with a broken mech hanger and I’m struggling to locate a replacement.
    So far I’ve tried BETD, Falcon Cycles (the original distributor), Ebay, derailleurhanger.com, all with no success.

The required hanger is different enough from any others available that it’s not going to be possible to adapt another one. If I can’t find one I’m just going to have to tell the customer that his bike is now obsolete, which I’d really rather not have to do.

Can anyone help?

sobriety
    Free Member

Local fabricators might be able to turn you/him one up, depends how much he wants to keep the bike, or he could ss it 😉

scaredypants

pics of the bike please 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I presume BE no longer exist…who were their last distributors or who bought the name/stock?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Sorry, having problems with pictures today. I’d normally put them on Facebook and then link but Facebook is not letting me in.

I don’t think singlespeeding will be an attractive option to this customer and anyway we’d still need some way of mounting a tensioner although there’s the posibility of mounting one on the bottom bracket.

I can also see there being resistnce to the cost of a custom fabricated hanger.

sssimon
    Free Member

sned me a pic and I’ll check the big box of random hangers we have in the shop

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I could make one.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m sure you can get one made but if not could you use an emergency one that is held on by the QR?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

This is the hanger.

If you’re serious Zedsdead can you give me an approximate price?

sssimon
    Free Member

tell you what the emergancy one would be the perfect starting place to make one by the looks of it

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Just as long as it’s wide enough to get the screw holes in.

baznav73
    Free Member

That looks like a very easy one to make with the right thickness alloy.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Better to make with steel and a decent thickness too.

Anglegrinder/hacksaw/file/drill/M10 tap…

bobgarrod
    Free Member

why not try retrobike – they seem quite keen on the lotus bikes on there. i know some of forum members have them.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought of that, will try tomorrow. Thanks.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

my mate’s which he’s owned from new

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lotus Mech Hanger — Anyone Know Where I Can Get One?’ is closed to new replies.