Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Llandegla- whats the opinion?
  • ads-b
    Free Member

Off over that way this weekend. Is it any good? Was previously seriously let down by the Mach 1,2 3 trails (but not the climax), and wondering if its going to be a wasted journey to Llandegla.

Ta….

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

People who can’t jump don’t like it. People who can, do.

hughlovittt
    Free Member

Went here yesterday for the first time and I can agree with Davey if your comfortable with jumps then head on in, if not then just pedal and scream if you wann go faster!!

DaveRambo

4 of us went over a few weeks ago for the first time.

I don’t do jumps but enjoyed it – it is what it is, a man made trail that can handle a lot of people riding it and has a lot of jumps, tabletops, berms etc.

I’d be thrilled to have it on my doorstep but I prefer a more natural riding experience.

I’d go again but then I might include riding Penmachno just down the road as well.

portlyone

Not a great jumper but like berms, of which there are a few. Good fun but can get a little busy (we tend not to go on the “nicer” days).

ads-b
    Free Member

Is it the sort of place you can session the dowhill (i.e. is it worth it and is there somewhere you can park close by)? Was wondering whether to take the full face…

alpin
    Free Member

it’s the only trail centre i’ve been to and i was happy. easy, non-technical climbs, good sections that are more pump track than trail and, as said, some nice jumps and berms.

good for practising “pumping”.

good fun, but i imagine it’d get boring if you rode there every day.

fathomer

I went yesterday and rode the new bits for the first time. I’m not a big jumper but really enjoyed it, it’s the fastest place I’ve been.

saxabar
    Free Member

Good fun once it gets going, but there are better hand-crafted trails in N. Wales. Handy if you live nearby, but not one to travel too far to.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Went on Saturday for the first time and really enjoyed it. It was a fantastic day and the trails wern’t that busy, I’m used to the chase which is just silly at times. I don’t jump as I have developed the fear in the past 5 years, but was getting a bit of air of the jumps. Its not a bumpy or a techy as CyB but it certainly isnt the smooth BMX track that some say it is, well the black options arnt anyway.

I would and will go again.

kimbers

yes you can park there and session the freeride area its got some interesting features and some new north shore stuff although its not a full on DH track

kimbers

and the main xc trail itself is flowing and fun the new sections take it up a level imho

nealy
    Free Member

It’s good fun and gets better the faster you go, the new stuff has improved it hugely. I’ve only just got my bottle and worked out how to jump and it does make the place even more of a laugh. It does get busy of a weekend so I aim to get there for 9am to get a spot in the lower car park and beat the crowd. I know it gets some stick for having a few inconsiderate plebs there but anyone I’ve spoken to has been sound. If you think you might fall on your face then a full face lid is a good idea but I don’t think it’s necessary really.

_tom_
    Free Member

Rode there for the first time on Monday and it was alright. I felt like the jumps on the black bits were designed really weird, some are short and others are longer so unless you know it well then you’re overshooting things to flat all the time. Also the “JJ’s jumps” section had a disappointing amount of jumps, and they were also quite small! I still enjoyed myself but found myself thinking “is this really what people are raving about on the internet??”

Not sure if I’d go again as I think I actually find the descents at Cannock just as fun and its half the distance away! I thought CyB and Nant Yr Arian were better, the latter having some really fun fast “bmx track” descents, plus it’s much cheaper to park 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla- whats the opinion?’ is closed to new replies.