Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Light-Bicycle carbon wheels anyone? – feedback required.
  • honourablegeorge

While everyone’s building these – what spoke lengths are needed for Hope Pro 2 Evos?

gee
    Free Member

Assuming 29er 1mm less all round than a Crest.

GB

honourablegeorge

Forgot about all these fancy wheel sizes. For good honest 26″ wheels.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

If anyone is interested i. Have built these up know front with pro 2 15mm is 760 gm front 12mm pro 2 840gm.

1600gms all in for a 650b tough build 32 spoke

messiah
    Free Member

The warranty rim arrived yesterday. Its the newer 33mm wide version and is definetly larger than the older 28mm one it replaces – weight for the new is 365g vs 363g for the older one.

Light-Bicycle (Nancy) were great through the warrant process once I got in touch. Next step is to buy some shorter spokes and get the wheel built. Happy days :mrgreen:

cblair246
    Free Member

Quick update on my new version 26″ 33mm wide AM rims. Just returned from a weeks riding in Spain with Ciclo Montana and had zero issues with my rims. Still straight and in great shape. Nice and light and saved me a lot of effort on the ups. If you are thinking about getting these rims then just go for it I say!

simonm
    Free Member

I built a pair about six months ago.
    26″, “wider Rim” 24 hole front, 28 hole rear. They have done about 500 miles on my Blur TRc up here in the Peak, survived fine with a couple of scrapes. I had a job getting them to go up tubeless and had to use The Bonty rubber rim/valve thing to get them to.

However, I honestly find them to harsh/stiff and prefer an Allu rim.
    So, I’m having my wheels re-built. Anyone interested in the rims can have them for £100 posted, just not the hole count on the rims.

Cheers.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any pics of these wheels built up yet?

bigjim

which rims did you use simon?

njee20
    Free Member

Ordered my 29er hookless ones on Monday. Asked for the lightest ones – they emailed (within a couple of hours) to say 355g was the lightest they had. Can’t complain.

simonm
    Free Member

I used the “Wider” AM rims

markyd

Just got my 29er hookless earlier this week. One is 370 the other is 380gms. Finish looks very good on my UD Matt. Going to build them with DT supercomps onto a set on pro2s that I’m salvaging from a pringled pair of 26″ crest wheels. No idea what they will be like with regard to reliability, but service so far has been great.

infidel
    Free Member

Update – heres the front built – looking pleasing so far! Built up by Mark at Overspoked in Bewdley (an excellent wheel builder!)

messiah
    Free Member

That looks great with the big Rubber Queen 😀

andyrm
    Free Member

Looking good there!

Yetiman
    Free Member

Agree, that looks the business 8)

Northwind

I’d have to be straight back into the shop to get the sticker off and a new one opposite the valve 😉 Looks great otherwise, meaty.

infidel
    Free Member

just on the bike…. iPhone pic in the shed so not ideal but….

banks
    Free Member

That looks great with the big Rubber Queen

Aye, they look the dogs!

y0eddy
    Free Member

I’m about to order a set but cant decide between the matte or gloss finishes.

Ideally I’d like to go with matte but concerned how they’d hold up against flat edge scratches like twigs and round stone deflections.

Any owner’s feedback?

c_klein87

i’ve got matt rims, just back from lanzarote which is the rockiest place i’ve ridden, few scratches but nowt serious, the gloss look cheap IMO

Gee76
    Free Member

Matt holds up well, better than any ally rims I’ve had, go for it.

Just ordered my 35mm wide 29er rims wohoo 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

how much is a set of these rims built up onto some hope pro 2 evos?? anyone got a rough idea of the all in price?

proutster
    Free Member

See my last post in LB Wheels

That’s the widest 26ers and bladed spokes.

Should be leaving China in the next few days (after New Year’s finished)

julians
    Free Member

I’ve got the matt wheels, they’re holding up fine, no scratches that you’d notice.

They’re great rims, had mine for 3 months now, no issues.

kimbers

silly ? question but anyone on the 35mm rims, do you find them draggy, on the climbs?

Gee76
    Free Member

“how much is a set of these rims built up onto some hope pro 2 evos?? anyone got a rough idea of the all in price?

$808 ish I reckon…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hookless-carbon-wider-650B-mtb-AM-27-5-wheels-with-HOPE-PRO-2-EVO-HUBS-/221355971637?pt=US_Wheels_Wheelsets&hash=item3389d81435

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Light-Bicycle carbon wheels anyone? – feedback required.’ is closed to new replies.