Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Lee Quarry and MX riders- your thoughts?
  • hora
    Free Member

I've just added the tag 'Cheeky trails for MX'ers'.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Hmmm, what time might peeps be at the quarry this Sunday?

Looking for someone to pick up the pieces…

…Paul

albino
    Free Member

MASSIVE police swoop today all over Rooley Moor today. Helicopters, police bikes and 4x4s. Came in from Rooley Moor road side and and nabbed all the illegal bikers over at Owd Betts. Saw 20+ bikes impounded plus their cars/pickups etc. No **** about!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

blimey

Grimy
    Free Member

Blimey indeed! Glad to know the police actually did something about the problem, it should send a clear message to others. But I do feel a little sorry for the perps, absolutly no idea why, but still, its there.

albino
    Free Member

I'd feel sorry for them if there wasn't anywhere else to ride but there's a local quarry where most of them ride and while I don't think it's legal, (and the authorities generally turn a blind-eye to it), at least it's not damaging the moors. And to be honest the moors are looking pretty shagged at the moment with new MX and 4×4 tracks appearing all over the place each week.
    Still – would love to know the cost of the op – can't have been cheap with the chopper etc.

TonyL
    Free Member

Some of the motor bikes can use the quarry run by cowmn leisure it is legal but is not able to cater for all types of motor bike. The moors and quarries managed by us are out of bounds to motorbikes except for organised events.

It would be better to be able to offer some additional provision for the motorbikes as well as just clamping down but its really difficult to provide sites for them.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry and MX riders- your thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.