Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Mini Lock – Will it fit and opinions…
  • stevieeeh
    Free Member

Hello all.

After a strong lock for my bike when I move back up to London.

I’m liking the look and reviews on this one – Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Mini Lock
    But unsure as to whether it is big enough to fit through the rear of a mountain bike frame and through the rear wheel and around a bike stand.

Also open to offers on other strong locks out there. I am looking for the strongest I can find (money isn’t that much of an issue) but it should be light enough to carry about as well.

Thanks in advance guys!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Abus granite are supposedly stronger than equivalent weight locks.

I use the Granite 54 (13mm thick) for travelling around, seems to have a good clamp for attatchnig to the bike.

Also have an Onguard Brute (16mm thick) left at work
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onguard-Brute-Shackle-Lock-111x260x16/dp/B0010VRLFU/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1312300096&sr=1-1

I don’t think a “mini” lock will go through frame, wheel AND stand. Seen some others using them and they look tiny

nixie

There is an 18mm thick longer shackle version of the New York that will go through a frame + object.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’d go for the abus

bone_idle
    Free Member

I’d go for the Kryptonite mini and security QR for your wheels, That’s what im using works well and is easy to cart round town. Tried using an abus type lock its to big and heavy. I want something you can stick in your belt and ride off. All those couriers use them so they must be good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Mini Lock – Will it fit and opinions…’ is closed to new replies.