Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Koppites rejoice! Benitez sacked
  • Dark-Side

Look at some of the shenanigans over the past couple of years – being forced to buy Gary Barry against his wishes, whilst being denied funds to buy adequate midfield cover; having to sell Alonso to fund vital purchases at the back and additional strikers like Aquilani… I doubt there's another manager in the world that could have made a success out of that situation.

Eh? We didn't buy Barry and Aquilani is no striker!

loddrik
    Free Member

Kind of glad he's gone but can't see who we'd get in the state we are in. As for gerrard and torres et al, get shut of them now, if they can't come out and commit to us now, **** them off and get in people who can. Carragher and reina are the only players I really want to see at anfield next season.

timc
    Free Member

Benitez did alot of great things for LFC, Leading to us to the Champions League (Although Gerrard won that for us) FA cup, Amazing away days at Barca, Real, Inter, Utd, etc etc but last season was an absolute disaster…

He has built his squad, maybe on limited resources at times, but thats the Job. For me it seems clear he doesnt have the players full backing, esp the more senior members of the squad & with some of the baffling tactics, Im not surprised to be honest!

Despite everything that is going on at the club, I dont think change is such a bad thing & im pretty open minded as to his replacement, after all i didnt know much if anything about Benitez when he joined!

Mark Hughges (WTF?!), Roy Hodgson and Martin O'Neill seem to be the press' favourites to get the job.

I don't think any of them are better managers than Benitez.

Hopefully someone like Hiddink or Van Gaal will show an interest.

tails
    Free Member

What about the tinker man is he managing at the mo?

Don't want Ranieri. He spent £150m at Chelsea (£120m in one season) and still didn't win owt.

Liverpool need someone who can work on tight budgets and get the most out of the current squad (like Hiddink did with South Korea).

timc
    Free Member

Ranieri never spent £150m… that was above him for sure!

Hiddink & Van Gaal, wishful thinking I feel, This saddens me.

Mike @ Dialled Bikes is right though, Tight Budget & Man management is what we need…

who knows

BigJohn

BigJohn – Member

Roy Hodgson
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I wish I'd put a tenner on it though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why didn't you? Did you ask Tom Hicks but he didn't have the money to lend you?

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Koppites rejoice! Benitez sacked’ is closed to new replies.