Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kona Faux Bars .People are missing out .
  • oldfart

Got a Kona Four Supreme .Finding it's an excellent choice for all day hauling .Weighs 29 lbs which seems about right to keep it stable and planted but still not shabby on the climbs .Apparently word has it that 'cause it's old technology it's inferior .I beg to differ .Mind to be fair it's the only f/s i've ridden but it does the trick for me.Can't understand why i hardly see any on the trails .Mind that is a good thing for me as i don't want to ride something everybody else has got .I like being different !It's not standard spec neither.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah bit like my Rocky Mountain element. Basic faux bar but somehow it's just great to actually ride rather than worry about the theory of it.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Love my Kona Dawg Primo.

I'm happy that it goes up and down, I don't get caught up in how exactly it goes up and down.

james
    Free Member

29lbs for a 4" FS is on the lardy side isn't it? Though obviously depends how much it cost in the first place

Basically the position of the pivots means it is a single pivot
    The suspension will become less effective under braking and pedalling I believe giving less traction/tracking in either case. It depends on how you ride as to whether its a problem or not

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Theres far too many shite riders out there who seem to get caught up in all the marketing bollox and all that. Learn how to ride properly before worrying about suspension etc. If your decent enough, you'll be far quicker on a 29lb kona down a hill than someone who spends too much time mincing about on a shiney lapierre they bought purely because they wanted the latest greatest fad

JoeBones
    Free Member

59 is totally right

I do like a four bar though 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kona Faux Bars .People are missing out .’ is closed to new replies.