Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kids bike crank sets?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Idly wondering after sorting a Spesh Hotrock for my niece, but where the heck can I get a more suitable car set for it? I’m comes with a triple which is a bit daft as it always ends up in the granny ring with th chain falling off. If I could get a cheap 150-155mm crankset with around a 30t ring and a chain guard either side it would be great, simpler and more reliable

Anyone know where to get one?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its also a shame you cant buy decent kids frames and build up something up

poah
    Free Member

there are a few options

kids cranks

thorn 150mm with race face 30t N/W

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get a frog.

poah
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Get a frog.

😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

Or take the front shifter off

qwerty
    Free Member

💡 If you can obtain some old forged 175mm cranks (eg: Race Face Turbine square taper or ISIS) Ben Cooper charges £40 to shorten.

I have a set i keep meaning to get done.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i bought a set of those thorn cranks (150mm), they’re ace.

(of course, the only problem is that they’re square taper, please can someone make some thru-axle cranks in sensible lengths please?)

poah
    Free Member

cheap enough to get a 113mm BB from CRC in eithe 68 or 73mm size. I just ordered a 73mm one for lewis’s new build

nemesis
    Free Member

FWIW, I’ve found the front mech is fine. I have to remind nem jnr to shift and he never shifts the front so it just sits on the middle ring.

russyh
    Free Member

I just bought a set of these. Pretty heavy and square taper! However 152mm and most importantly I can remove the chainrings! Will be fitted with a 30t n/w single ring shortly. Standard 104bcd cheapest. Best option I could find

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kettenradgarnitur-SR-Suntour-T20242-Zähne-schwarz/dp/B0029MP3AO

juan
    Free Member

I am actually investigating that as well.I am gonna try to find a 180mm or 175 mm square taper or ISIS bottom bracket and try to shorten it. Ideally you can get some descent and cheap race face that are not hollowtech and DIY at home as you only need a drill mounted on a stand

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I just bought a set of these. Pretty heavy and square taper! However 152mm and most importantly I can remove the chainrings! Will be fitted with a 30t n/w single ring shortly. Standard 104bcd cheapest. Best option I could find

Not a bad idea, thanks 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

as you only need a drill mounted on a stand

Do you know how the interfaces work and the materials involved?

oxym0r0n

^ wow – pimped carrera!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kids bike crank sets?’ is closed to new replies.