• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jad.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I've just broken my SC Superlight – can I buy a replacement main frame?
  • jad
    Free Member

After wresting for hours with a stuck seatpost and eventually resorting to a stillson wrench, I’ve distorted and cracked the top of the seat tube (seatpost still firmly in the frame).

Anyone know if you can buy spare frame parts from Jungle? I just want the main frame and can transfer the swingarm and shock over.

kaesae
    Free Member

Not sure might depend on the year, I would simply give them a call and ask, what year is the frame ❓

Fishbone
    Free Member

You can only get replacement parts from Jungle if you are the original owner and have a proof of purchase! If not they may be able to help if they have a 2nd hand part.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jackass123456789
    Free Member

And, like Fishbone you’ll wait an absolut age for it to turn up from Jungle!!

😀

jad
    Free Member

Okay, thanks for that. I think I have the receipt somewhere and also registered the frame at the time. It’s a 2007 frame.

Any idea on approximate cost of a frame before I give them a call in the morning?

z1ppy

£899 though if its anodised it might be a different matter

They seem to struggle to make more than £450 2nd hand (newer shape), last time I looked

jad
    Free Member

Yes, £899 for a complete frame. I am only looking to buy a replacement main triangle from Jungle.

z1ppy

ok I thought you were after the full price, so you could compare it to Jungles offer..
    Doubt there ‘that’ many ppl who done it, it’s not like they have a bad rep for breaking.

steveh

It was £200 when i did something similar a few years ago from memory.

jad
    Free Member

Cheers. Was thinking the same Z1ppy. My fear is, even if a replacement is available, I’ll be waiting an age for it. Fingers crossed…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I've just broken my SC Superlight – can I buy a replacement main frame?’ is closed to new replies.