Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I've just bought a new leaf blower and lawn mower
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

😐

cbike
    Free Member

Lawnmowers are acceptable. leaf blowers are a useless waste of energy unless you using it to start a homemade jet engine or hovercraft.

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve got a large lawn and am very lazy. I could rake all the leaves over a few hours. I use my leaf blower to blow them into a big pile which I then wheelbarrow to the compost to get leaf mulch. Takes 10 minutes.
    Horses for courses I suppose.
    Also great for cleaning out drains of whatever vegetation cuttings filled them over the summer.

dknwhy

Disappointed. I thought this thread was about upping the spectator game.

stuey
    Free Member

Do you live near Project?

bikebouy
    Free Member

#preparingforretirement

chewkw
    Free Member

If it is electric then you can use it to dry your car …

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq7TSEfNWds[/video]

😀

benji
    Free Member

Is that because you have worn out your jet washer 😉

Kuco

Leaf blowers are brilliant on fires and if you do have a lot of leafs to blow and if you get the one that you can convert to suck even more useful.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, bought one that sucks too.. 😆

Ackchewally it worked brilliantly for sucking, even damp grass..

I just can’t quite believe why I bought one, normally I’d think “rake it you lazy git” but for some reason I walked into BnQ and it was there and I thought “that looks useful”

Seriously.. 🙄

#onestepawayfromgolf

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Leaf blowers are great on gravel paths and drives. I bought one from a council surplus sale as an experiment never quite believing they’d be as good as a rake.

For big lawns we lay out a big tarp, weight it with a plank, blow leaves on to it then drag them into piles which compost down when mixed with grass cuttings.

On the drives, I just blast them way into the verges. It will even blow wet leaves which is a bonus on really windy days.

I couldn’t go back to a rake now. Good ear protection is essential for backpack petrol blowers.

convert

I like leaves. A nice big layer of leaves over the garden stops the bastard grass from growing too fast. A quick blast over it when I’m guilted into it in the spring with the petrol flymo to mash them up and deliver the bastard grass a nutritional lifesaver (collecting cuttings is also for muppets) and they are gone.

Plus, they are good for kicking about in an autumnal reminder of childhood.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Since changing to a mulching mower, leaves on the grass are no longer and issue – just drive over them and feed the lawn.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I've just bought a new leaf blower and lawn mower’ is closed to new replies.