Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • I've decided, this year I'm not going to be a 'lurker'
  • Cabri
    Free Member

Ok, I’ve not posted much on the forums, I make my own decisions as to what put on my bike etc although sometimes I could have provided opinions on certain things but kept my mouth shut. I have now decided that I’m not going to be a lurker this year. A recent post has made me realise that there is someone who can advise or help, often with quick replies and it’s reassuring to know that. Many posts have made me laugh, and a few made me cry, better than some books.

I might not post everyday, I may be critized, offensed even but I will have to live with that but I’ll be one of you, a Singletrack forumer.

Signing off.

Ms Cabri

andrewh
    Free Member

Hello.

I may be critized, offensed

I’m afraid your spilling may get critized. Welcome to the land of the pedants 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well hello

djglover
    Free Member

Stalker 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Well done – it appears you have succeeded in failing to lurk.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hug?

I thought there would be some deeply sinister and deviant sexual element to being a lurker? Damn 😉

andrewh
    Free Member

Sadly not, new forum rules.

Kunstler

It’s good. There’s a vast pool of knowledge here as well as the deep pit of opinion. Hmm, I make it sound like challenging mythical land. You might spot an elf.

Rich
    Free Member

Hi Cabri! 8)

Do you have any strong opinions on religion, politics or suspension design ?
    Let’s hear them.

Cabri
    Free Member

Well, I conquered my fear of posting, but failed with my spelling lol, well it was late. I do feel quite pleased with myself, cos I have more than one reply and even from some renowned forumers. I will even learn to spell and try and make an effort with witty remarks.

As for opinions on religion, politics or even suspension design, I will leave that to those who know what they’re talking about.

Soon, I will have another barrier to face and that will be to post pics.

My name is cabri and I was a lurker….but it wasn’t something to be ashamed off.

clubber
    Free Member

Welcome along

As for opinions on religion, politics or even suspension design, I will leave that to those who know what they’re talking about.

Are you sure you’ve been lurking here?

duntmatter
    Free Member

*lurks*

yossarian
    Free Member

😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

*lurks as well*

bruneep

posts.
    changes mind
    edits post

and also “lurks”

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

👿 HUG!?!

What’s your favourite colour?

flip
    Free Member

Lifes to short to lurk 😉

freddyg
    Free Member

<<waves>> I used to lurk too – now I only do it part time.

TSY, I’ll give you a hug if you like? 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

fadda

Promises of hugs might stop me from being predominantly a lurker, too…

😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

i dont get people that lurk ? are they shy mouses that just replyon the odd occasion and be insensitive…..
    hey ‘Cabri’- i always get slated for spelling on ‘ere’ (i really dont know why these lots are so hung up on spelling mistakes as its easily done if you’re typing fast anyway and most times i dont always read back what i have just typed … 😉 ‘spell checker’ is a must on ere otherwise your in for it !!!!!!!! you have been warned 😉 😈 🙄 :mrgreen:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

fadda – you’re on. Elaine, let me finish your post for you….)

Phew.

mogrim

That’s never really stopped the rest of us, what’s the worst that could happen? Someone flounces off in a huff?

Onzadog
    Free Member

So,as an impartial observer who was seen goings on for a while but not interested, how about sharing some of your opinions on the regulars that you referenced. How are they viewed by the outside world? That should make for an Interesting thread!
    Hello there by the way.

c
    Free Member

Ha, me too. I’ve posted more in the last week than I probably have in the last year. 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

phew (southern yeti…. why phew ? :mrgreen:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

)

Phew.

elaineanne
    Free Member

😉 :mrgreen:

c
    Free Member

how about sharing some of your opinions on the regulars that you referenced. How are they viewed by the outside world?

This could be dangerous ❗ 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Too phew parenthesis I fear

thepurist

Parenthesis? Howwww many brackets???

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8[/video]

theyEye
    Free Member

You complain about the missing parenthesis, but not about ‘…and most times i dont always…’?! Losing your edge.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oi… leave the ellipsis out of this… 👿

stumpy01

At least this threads going the way of most of them! 😀

It’s good to join in. I don’t know how people just watch stuff….

theyEye
    Free Member

What … about ellipsis … dislike?

donsimon
    Free Member

Get out while you can…

mogrim

‘…and most times i dont always…’

Far more serious, i feel, is the use of ‘i’ instead of ‘I’.

theyEye
    Free Member

… and dont get me started … apostrophes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘I've decided, this year I'm not going to be a 'lurker'’ is closed to new replies.