Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • It's your fault for being rich!
  • euans2
    Free Member

Whats your take on the following? ”Joys of pootling along in the car” It actually has me lost for words! How the editor can alow tripe like this to be published is beyond me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How the editor can alow tripe like this to be published is beyond me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait
    Read digest and don’t click or link to shit like that again

euans2
    Free Member

Why is it shit? would you be happy if someone keyed your car?

Junkyard
    Free Member

No one would that is wht they wrote it to get this sort of reaction

Say somethign so outrageous folk will read and comment on it and you have fallen into the trap

Read the link will you

martinhutch

The article is clearly a piece of shit purely designed to produce the state of mind you’re currently experiencing, get you to share it in utter outrage and drive more traffic to the page.

RustyMac

The link is shit as much as the story has been written to simply agitate and get a response. This ridiculous article is then re-posted by any number of people that are outraged by it sending others to look at it. All the time the more hits the website gets that everyone is outraged at for posting such drivel gets more money it makes from advertising on their site.

chewkw
    Free Member

Pure shite to think that it is alright to key someone’s car.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Sexist (can’t be sexist yeah, cuz women don’t have…like…all the power) idiot female writer who doesn’t understand why men like well engineered things, that high level engineering provides good jobs (won’t count though as they are usually men), that it’s better for the rich to spend their money on stuff like this than lock their cash up in investments and that sometimes women like cars as well, in clickbait shocker.

The best part is that she thinks she’s clever.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The article is clearly a piece of shit purely designed to produce the state of mind you’re currently experiencing, get you to share it in utter outrage and drive more traffic to the page.

Yup, totally agree.

You even came to the outrageous conclusion that : “It’s your fault for being rich!” Which is excellent because she didn’t even say it, in fact she said :

“One day someone will buy one of these cars and decide to be the one person to change the reputation of their drivers. They’ll drive it and they’ll be a decent guy”.

So you were not only outraged by what she said but you were also outraged by what she didn’t say. A double win for her.

aracer
    Free Member

I haven’t even read it and I’m outraged.

slowoldman

She obviously is trying to get a job on the Daily Mail.

I see a few Astons (and Ferraris and Maseratis, etc) around the leafy lanes of suburban Mancunia and generally speaking they are driven quite sensibly. It’s the young chavs in clapped out crap with body kits who drive like idiots around here.

ononeorange

Can I just say that this is the second time I’ve been outraged on this thread?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I really want to be outraged but I just cannot summon sufficient vitriol, them little blue tablets must be working 😉

footflaps

I’m a little disappointed that we don’t have more vandalism of grotesque signs of excess wealth such as Bentleys, RRs etc.

anagallis_arvensis

Its just an obvious attempt to be the opposite of a Clarksonesque rant about cyclists or something.

I’m still confused as to why someone keywd my 10 yearold skoda though!

joat

Clickbait issue aside; does she also support riots and such? If I recall some stupid youths were sent to jail for a similar incitement to cause criminal damage in the nationwide riots, how is this any different?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Relax, that’s not a real paper surely? Isn’t it the Scottish version of the Mash?

Phil_H

The Scottish version of the Daily Mash is called The National.

CountZero

“One day someone will buy one of these cars and decide to be the one person to change the reputation of their drivers. They’ll drive it and they’ll be a decent guy girl”.

I used to regularly see an Audi R8 driving around Bath, driven by an attractive woman. By this incredibly stupid, jealous bint’s logic, it would be perfectly fine for me to key it.
    Years ago a workmate’s Toyota Celica was keyed while he was in a takeaway with another friend, with their respective partners in the back. They followed the bloke to his home and called the police, and the perpetrator turned out to be a middle-aged VAT inspector.
    I’m sure she’d be pleased about that, too.
    Just narrow-minded, Daily Wail shock-horror tabloid journalism.
    “Whine, winge, snivel, someone has more money than me, they can afford to buy expensive things, and they’re MEN! Someone should go and trash their toys, to make me feel better about my shitty little life!”

chewkw
    Free Member

Not sure about you lot but I just had another look at the woman (her photo on website) who wrote the article …

Do you think she has cheek pouch? You know a bit like chipmunks stuffing their face with nuts? 😯

mefty
    Free Member

I’m a little disappointed that we don’t have more vandalism of grotesque signs of excess wealth such as Bentleys, RRs etc.

So am I although my priority would be vandalism against over built garden sheds.

zedz
    Free Member

She’s using a recent event to showcase her opinion on drivers of expensive performance cars using flawed stereotypical profiling. Probably finding an audience amongst Clarkson haters and plastic anarchists.

Scotland’s answer to Katie Hopkins perhaps? Drivel.

squirrelking
    Free Member

A **** nugget. Next…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘It's your fault for being rich!’ is closed to new replies.