Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Issue 62 – Garforth "hard" route
  • Random
    Free Member

My mother lives near Garforth and the hard route in the latest issue passes the end of her street so I emailed her the PDF map because I thought she might be intrigued.

Here is her reply:

Re Singletrack Route Guide Garforth. It calls it a hard route of 42km, but says duration 9 hours. David and I could walk it in that time. Are you supposed to go round and round for 9 hours and see how many times you have completed it?

Answers please…

IanMmmm
    Free Member

4 hours max. I ride round there a lot. Live 2 miles from Garforth. It’s flat around here.

ton

i live near, and ride said route every now and then
    it is nice, but i think the 9hr thing must be a typo.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Wouldn’t know as I still have not got the bloody mag (I live in Micky down the road)
    Plenty of locals on here to do giuded rides in the area though if anyone fancies a ride :o)

scaredypants

is that the same one that says it’s not best run clockwise and later that there’s only 1 section that’s better anti-clockwise ?
    🙄

woody2000

That’s the bingley bash sp

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I lived in Garforth till 18 months ago & was there for 6 years, can’t remember anything ‘hard’ within a radius of…miles. Everything East is as flat as a witches t!t then youv’e got nowt much to the West & South. North of Parlington/Scholes/Thorner & as far as Wetherby was moderate to say the least.
    I’m now in Boroughbridge which is just as flat but MUCH nicer & only 35-40 mins to Pateley Bridge.

Rick, a work colleague has just moved to Mickey, ok if I point him your way?

Random
    Free Member

Certainly the image of my 69-year old mother overtaking a bunch of boutique mountain bikers amused me! I’ll have to take my bike and give it a go one day evening.

igm

That’s a night riding loop really – not much hard round there.

firestarter
    Free Member

That’s actually my local loop its about two hours on ss cx , tho I didn’t actually notice it saying it was either hard or 9 hours in my issue tbh

el_boufador

There is some nice tech stuff in the same area as that loop – but it’s cheeky

Pook

Your mum is rad to the power of sick.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Ride around Garforth al the time, can’t comment cos I ain’t seen the route, anyone got a copy?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Issue 62 – Garforth "hard" route’ is closed to new replies.