Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is this a decent telly? Smsung LE40C650, £520
  • midlifecrashes

Amazon

Is it worth paying the extra £50 or so over the 580 model for the internet TV. The picture looks fine in the shop, and sound seems decent enough. Any better deals around, or reasons why I should avoid this one. We’ll get a Blu-ray to go with it, and it’ll have family Wii games through it as well. Quite a big room and close to a window so needs to cope with that.

Thanks.

totalshell

how much is it at john lewis?

midlifecrashes

Not listed, but the lower spec 580 is showing at £649.

Milkie
    Free Member

Yes it’s worth the extra £50, I have the 580, same panel as the 650 and its superb, hooks up to the NAS, low input lag for gaming.. The 650 enables you to view Facebook, Youtube, iPlayer and things, the 580 doesn’t. It will also be plenty bright enough, these panels are damn good for the money, beating most things upto £1000.

Since buying one, 5 friends have gone and bought the same, just a lot bigger. 😐

GTDave
    Free Member

It’s a great telly. I have the older LE40B650, and it’s a cracking set!

RicherSounds are seling it at £549 inc. 5 year guarantee. Bargain!

The only thing I will say against them is that they have a glossy screen, which can be pig-awful for picking up reflections.

downshep

Got one after months of research. Best picture quality in that class / price range according to many reviews and this fussy consumer. You can lose yourself for weeks in some of the online reviews and forums.

Nicest surprise is very good SD picture quality as most channels aren’t HD yet. HD is the berries on it.

Only minus is sound is no more than average but we already had a surround system.

We paid more = you have ruined my life and I must hate you now :-))

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this a decent telly? Smsung LE40C650, £520’ is closed to new replies.