Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Is there a Doctor in the house? online diagnosis please.
  • singletrackmind

Wed night dinner small currey , certain well cooked. At about 11pm started getting ill with constant cold feeling . Electric blanket on , and 15 tog duvet . I just couldnt warm up.
    Got up to go to work 0500 and nearly fell in the bathroom, bit giddy so sat down for 5mins , deep breaths etc.

Managed to keep down toast and tea but felt nauseous , the feeling you get after a big night out including WKD + shots .

Got to work but felt vague , still on hangover feeling , no temperature regulation so cold all the time.

All joint ache , old injurys hurt as well. A deep breath causes pain in my kidneys , quite severe.

Went to sleep in my car for a couple of hours but felt worse so knocked it on the head and went home to bed .

Slept for 4 hours, Still feel like being sick ( body function normal in the bathroom ) . Taken Aspirin and water to keep hydrated , got a lovely headache and my back / kidneys really hurt .
    RHR up by about 20 bpm
    Relatively fit 42 year old who doesnt get ill very often .

Virus ? Food poisioning ?
    really cant afford time off as very , very busy at work.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

pregnant?

crispybacon
    Free Member

old age? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nicko74

really cant afford time off as very , very busy at work.

erm… you have two choices. Go to work, or get better.

‘Cause whatever it is doesn’t sound like something you can work around, especially if it’s unusual for you to be this ill.

qwerty
    Free Member

online diagnosis please.

Your body is telling you to rest.

v8ninety

Poorly. Grotty. The lurgy. A bug. There’s one going round. (there’s always one going around…)

Get well soon bud, being ill sucks, especially if you aren’t used to it.

headfirst
    Free Member

constant cold feeling . Electric blanket on , and 15 tog duvet . I just couldnt warm up.

Surely this was you running a temperature and you needed to keep yourself cool, despite what you think your body is telling you – you made things worse for yourself! Cycle paracetamol and ibuprofen which will help control your temperature and alleviate the aches: 2 para, 2hrs later 2 ibu, 2 hrs later on 2 para, etc but no more than 8 of each in 24 hours. Wear no more clothes than you’d normally wear if you were feeling fine, in fact less if you can get away with it!

I AM NOT A DOCTOR, but that’s what I’d do in your circumstances. I’d guess without sickness or the runs it can’t be food poisoning?

lesoxdh
    Free Member

CALL 0845 46 47

warton
    Free Member

almost certainly not food poisoning, takes at least 12 hours to come on in most cases

Northwind

Worms

docrobster
    Free Member

Manflu.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Geared rider or ss?

meehaja
    Free Member

Whats your temp?
    Whats your heart rate?

Send me cash and I’ll tell you whats up…

GTDave
    Free Member

Cat Aids. Goodbye!

TheSwede
    Free Member
    TiRed

It’s called cytokine release syndrome. That’s a sign that your adaptive immune system has found something worth fighting (probably a virus) and is getting stuck in. Paracetamol for temperature, fluids and maybe a day off resting.

If we didn’t have these symptoms we’d be in a lot worse state, evolutionarily speaking.

IF you’d been sick, you’d have completed the full set of symptoms! Google rigors if you are interested. Hope you feel better soon.

shinsplints

Bitten by Zombie ?

Bregante

Sounds like you have an MTFU deficiency 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Candiru fish swim up your piss ?

shinsplints

LOL @ theswede
    Is that picture Chris Martin off of Coldplay & Don Cheadle ? 🙂

scaredypants

sounds a lot like early zombieism – what colour is your skin ?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

what colour is your skin ?

Racist.

user-removed
    Free Member

warton – Member
    almost certainly not food poisoning, takes at least 12 hours to come on in most cases

I’ve only had it once and it was exactly as above ^^^ but also included horrific bouts of shaking violently before vomiting. It came on about two hours after eating parially defrosted meat pie (I was young, skint and stupid!).

scaredypants

yeah, yeah paulosoxo – you’ll be sorry when they take over your neighbourhood

palmer77
    Free Member

I had this this week, it’s tough being a bloke!

DickBarton

Sounds like you need to get laid…unfortunately I don’t have any prescriptions…but that is the price you pay for consulting with Dr Love…

mrh86

Got exactly the same thing here today, apart from I was sick several times last night. The hospital ward i’m working on at the moment is closed due to norovirus, so i reckon i’ve got that. Starting to feel better now, so hopefully in the morning it will have cleared itself.

konajim
    Free Member

If my wife reads this she will have it tomorrow night only 10 times worse than you .
    Also I will feel worse than you after having to listen to her for hours on end
    Shame on you for spreading this online.
    JIm

cinnamon_girl

singletrackmind is definitely not the bloke to be telling to MTFU. I would say he is of strong constitution!

Get well soon and don’t go to work unless you feel 100%. 🙂

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Sounds like viral illness + standard immune response as above.

Paracetamol for temperature, fluids and maybe a day off resting.

this.

You’ll recover faster if you rest up for a day and give your immune system a chance to get on top of it. Obviously see your doc if not improving. Hope you bounce back soon!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I’ve heard a couple of Picolax tablets cures this.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Is there a Doctor in the house? online diagnosis please.’ is closed to new replies.