Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is it wrong to have a good old belly laugh?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

When people you don’t like with good reason, are having a hard time of it?

I have kind of a dark side to what I find funny and quite a few people over the years have fallen on hard times, this makes me laugh a lot.

Should I grow up, try and be more sympathetic, or should I just embrace the laughter for the good stress reliever it is ❓

So is it wrong?

yunki
    Free Member

yes..

I was thoroughly expecting to say that it’s never wrong to have a good belly laugh..

It keeps a person young and good and sane..

but really..?
    I’m an ‘orrible **** at the best of times but I can usually only muster a bit of a cackle, even at my worst enemies misfortune.. unless of course their misfortune is comical.. then my mirth is unbridled.. especially when re-telling the tale..

you sound a bit sad perhaps..?

kaesae
    Free Member

Not sad, just laugh a lot, and some people have it coming 👿

yunki
    Free Member

ah well.. laughing a lot can’t be bad.. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

What goes around, comes around.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

oooohh i hope not 😯

kaesae
    Free Member

Exactly what goes around comes around, people who are nasty and cop it, are fair game for belly laughter.

The only real question is, should you point at them and laugh when thier there?

d45yth
    Free Member

Schadenfreude – is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I didn’t think I had it coming round, K.

I only laugh at folk for the small stuff…apart from the proper nasty ****s….

yunki
    Free Member

surely that’s the best bit..? bit lame if you don’t

donsimon
    Free Member

Only if you don’t mind people pointing and laughing at you when you come across hard times.

Hohum
    Free Member

IMO it would depend on how hard the times are.

I have had fallouts with people that I would never make amends with again and whilst never wishing them ill if life dealt them the odd duff hand then it would make me chuckle.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah, only the nasty shits deserve it!

I don’t mind people laughing at me as it is!

I’m a grade A **** up, but I know that!

druidh
    Free Member

Surely better not to stoop to their level?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Who says they are laughing?

Hohum
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Surely better not to stoop to their level?

You sound like my wife!

kaesae
    Free Member

Maybe Druidh

But some people are just plain nasty! always trying to take the piss or disrespecting others, or just doing stuff to cause others distress.

When they cop it, I can’t help but not feel sorry for them and laugh about it, maybe I should try and be more compassionate, but there are people that use compassion against you, so I figure those who would normally take all that they can, can give something back in the form of laughter 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

A polite snigger under ones breath is all you really need no? And it must be spontaneous, no creating a laugh just for the sake of it now. You must also do this, for full effect otherwise you’re only going half way, no one likes folks who only go half way now do they..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is it wrong to have a good old belly laugh?’ is closed to new replies.