Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is it safe to camp at Glyncorwyg?
  • LordJingles
    Free Member

Hi all

I heard a while back that there were a lot of thefts of bikes etc from cars of people camping.

Is this still the case? Are there any other campsites close by worth going to?

Cheers

J

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

We stayed at the weekend, was all good, supprisingly quiet given the weather, maybe the lack of the Dropoff Cafe is having an effect? They have secure bike storage at the centre now anyway, just don’t go leaving them lying around when you’re not around, common sense really.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I don’t know about the thieves but the midge there can be totally unbearable. So much so that I would never camp there. We arrived at a campsite there and watched with innocent amusement as a couple franticly broke camp just shoving their unpacked tent in the car and flooring it. 15 minutes later we did exactley the same

z1ppy

Spent last friday night there, police wandered by twice (nice bit of visibility) and warned ppl to be vigilant. We had no issues (bikes all secured in our van though).
    No issues with midges, as it either too early for them or the midge killer machine (no idea if it was on, but they have one) was doing a sterling job

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve been there in mid-late summer when the midges were out 😯

I would never arrive in midge season after dusk again.

LordJingles
    Free Member

Ummm, ok, when is the midge season?

😕

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s the zombies you want to watch out for.

LordJingles
    Free Member

Ok, so tent, midge killer, spare lock and Milla Jovovich.

😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is it safe to camp at Glyncorwyg?’ is closed to new replies.