Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Iron Horse Sunday Elite
  • Toombsy
    Free Member

I would like to buy a bike to do some UK uplift days and for when I go to the Alps in the summer.

Whats your opinion on:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48035

Too much travel? Too old a design? I.H. No longer trading issues?

MSP

All Iron Horse bikes on CRC are covered by a standard 1 year warranty

I don't think thats how eu law sees it.

Marmite
    Free Member

MSP, what do you mean?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhughes46

A friend and his bro both have them. They seem to like them although one has an issue with the Totems packing down and not coming back up. Probably just a one off. I don't think for that money anything else comes close?

MSP

I mean that acording to eu legislation, all components are expectied to be fit for purpose for 2 years from purchase, the retailer does not get to choose 1 year because they are selling of cheap stock from a bankrupt manufacturer.
    As a consumer it is the shop that has to deal with faults, although in reality this usually means with backup from the manufacturer.

bazzer
    Free Member

I bought one the other day, great spec for the money. Odd that they fitted a air totem rather than coil though.

I am waiting for a fat boy spring for the rear as at 13st in my kit its bottoming our quite easily on small drops.

Only ridden it once but apart from the spring it handled really nice.

Bazzer

PS I have been told (after I bought mine) you can go through quidco and get money back from CRC buys.

Marmite
    Free Member

MSP, may not be as straight forward, found this….

Use this checklist to see if you could try and use the EU rule:

• The goods were purchased no longer than two years ago
    • The store will not provide a refund or repair because you are returning the item after their return period has ended, usually one year
    • You are reporting the fault within two months of discovering it
    • The goods show no signs of damage through your actions or misuse.

The best advice is to print off the EU rule and take a copy with you. If staff fail to recognise it, ask them to take your details and report your complaint to their bosses. Take a note of the names of any staff you speak to and explain that you will contact them again soon for a response.

You may manage to get your refund on the basis of the EU directive, however, shops are within their rights to use the Sale of Goods Act as the definitive guideline instead

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Iron Horse Sunday Elite’ is closed to new replies.