Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iOS 5 text input delay
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Seems as though when typing I’m getting a bit of a delay since upgrading on a 4.

Sometime when using the keyboard the letters don’t even Flash on the kb but the letter appears on the screen a split second later. When deleting text there is also a huge delay.

Deleted all open apps from multi task and phone only about 70% capacity. Only on safari and is happening on wifi.

Single safari page open

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I have had some problems with typing into a webmail program on my iPad since I “upgraded”.

CountZero

I’ve noticed it on here, and, oddly it seems to get worse the more text you type into a window. This started ok, but is now starting to lag. I haven’t really noticed it on a couple of other fora that I go on that use discus.

brakes
    Free Member

me too on an iPhone 3GS

carbon337
    Free Member

A quick google suggests many with issue. Done hard resets etc and it makes no difference. As you say lOnger the message the worse it gets. Others suggesting its mainly non optimized forums.

phiiiiil

Me too… it makes typing rather awkward when all the letters appear in a big burst!

The “pressing ‘back’ takes you to an old cached version of the page” bug in Safari seems to have returned too…

GrahamS

Had both these problems on certain sites before iOS5, so maybe it’s a bug that’s been made worse for some reason.

Seems okay typing on here in iOS 5 btw.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iOS 5 text input delay’ is closed to new replies.