Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Installing Olive and Pin into Shimano Brake Hose…. How?
  • BruceM
    Free Member

Im sure this is a stupid question.

Just in the process of shortening the hose on my Shimano Saint M810's.
    I cant for the life of me get the new pin into the hose, any advice would be appreciated or its a trip to the local bike store.

Thanks

retro83
    Free Member

Use the yellow blocks and put the hose in a vice. Then push the brass thing in

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Hose in vice and tap pin gently in with a hammer?

BruceM
    Free Member

aaa… makes sense – guess who feels like a fool now:)

xc-steve
    Free Member

oooor what I did first time before figuring what those yellow blocks were for, is heat the end of the hose with a hair dryer then just push it in with your fingers.

But if you have the yellow blocks do as said above soo much easier!

BruceM
    Free Member

Well that worked fine, thanks, but erm…. the Olive just slides over – thats not meant to happen is it?

mrh86

Yea the olive is supposed to just slide over. Cant quite picture it all in my head at the moment but something tightens up and clamps the olive if i remember correctly. I'll have a look at the shimano tech docs now.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Yes the threaded connector will squeeze the olive onto the hose as you thread it into the lever body.

BruceM
    Free Member

Aww i see, i guess that makes sense – i dont understand why they would include everything you need to shorten the hose with the brakes apart from instructions.

mrh86
    BruceM
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – all done.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Installing Olive and Pin into Shimano Brake Hose…. How?’ is closed to new replies.