Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I'm gonna slap myself – Endura content
  • oldgit
    Free Member

After purchasing three endura items that all failed within one day to two months, I swore I’d never buy them again.
    But anyroadup I needed some knee warmers, but I couldn’t fathom out what size I needed. So I thought Enduras one size fits all would do the trick. I mean can you go wrong with knee warmers? Plus I’m 5’8″ so average or even short and my legs aren’t that big. So thinking they’d be okay for a six footer they’d be okay for me…..wrong. They aren’t long enough to reach under my shorts, and they’re so tight they hurt. After just putting them on they feel like a (just realized I can’t spell this word) tornque??? 😕
    Anyone else got them?

ton

gentlemen of a certain age should wear ASSOS, cos we are worth it. 😀

crazy-legs
    belugabob
    Free Member

Tourniquet.

The moral of this story is to try stuff on before buying.
    Just like bike frames, each manufacturer seems to have their own sizing system.

rustler
    Free Member

Theres always THESE

njee20
    Free Member

Bontrager knee warmers are pretty good, Assos leg warmers FTW though!

13thfloormonk

The FS260 Endura Leg Warmers are one of the best bits of kit I’ve bought, used them all winter with some 3/4s as a perfect alternative to full legnth bibs.They come in a variety of sizes too.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’ve learned the Endura lesson the hard way too. As far as I’m aware the stuff isn’t made in the UK anymore either! ?

Swobo do some nice kit – because you’re worth it!

oldgit
    Free Member

Think I’ll source some nice light Merino knees. A lot of those brands seem to be over the top for what is essentialy a spring/autunm bit of kit.

DezB
    Free Member

I piss myself at Assos knee warmers. What a waste of money!
    Lusso do the job (had mine about 12 years). They’re knee warmers ffs

mrmo
    Free Member

Defeet seem to fit me and last ok

nonk
    Free Member

lusso kit is so underrated if you ask me.

wwaswas

oldgit I’ve got a pair of these;

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/knee-warmers-ec011838

worn a couple of times but the gripper stuff brought me out in a rash (sensitive skin, me).

£10 posted in medium if you think they’d fit? email in profile.

finbar
    Free Member

Hey wwaswas, i’ll have those please if oldgit doesn’t want them, and if they’ll fit me… how tall/heavy are you?

wwaswas

6’1″ and 12 stone and making no claim to turkey drum stick legs.

finbar
    Free Member

Cheers wwaswas, they’re going to be too big for me though (unless they are dead tight on you?). I wonder how big an XL is!?

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Thats a shame about Endura as I need a new pair of 3/4 bibs and my old Endura’s have been brilliant over the years but are starting to fall to bits now. And iirc oldgit isn’t the first one on here to complain about Endura lack of quality.

portlyone

I have a steady stream of Endura shorts. Nearly all from the warranty depts…

bigjim

Thats a shame about Endura as I need a new pair of 3/4 bibs and my old Endura’s have been brilliant over the years but are starting to fall to bits now. And iirc oldgit isn’t the first one on here to complain about Endura lack of quality.

I’ve found Endura shorts to be completely indestructable and superb value. Altura stuff on the other hand has always failed on me pretty quickly.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

How bloody big are your legs oldgit? I’m 5’8″ and average build, and they fit my legs a treat.

oldgit
    Free Member

How bloody big are your legs oldgit? I’m 5’8″ and average build, and they fit my legs a treat

Normal, I’ve just checked a few sites that have measurement guides and at 24″ thigh I’m a medium. So ‘one size fits all’ should work.

njee20
    Free Member

A lot of those brands seem to be over the top for what is essentialy a spring/autunm bit of kit.

Agreed, couldn’t justify the Assos knees!

Endura used to make our team kit and it was pretty uninspiring, very inconsistent quality, often stitched on the piss and what not, zips used to break fairly regularly. Now gone to Decca, whose shorts seem good, but their jerseys are utter toss, cut the same at the front and back, so you end up with a huge bulge around your stomach.

nbt

I struggle with Endura stuff, I can’t get my thighs in the medium size and on the large, everything else is waving in the wind. I use decathlon legwarmers and armwarmers, they seem to have the sizing sussed out

molgrips
    Free Member

Endura are sized very erratically ime.

so you end up with a huge bulge around your stomach.

Yeah I know that feeling… 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

so you end up with a huge bulge around your stomach.

Race cut, club cut and STW cut.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I'm gonna slap myself – Endura content’ is closed to new replies.