• This topic has 36 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I quite like Merrell shoes but…
  • fadda

Everybody’s got them!

Any more eclectic alternatives…?

giant_scum
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Merrels last year not impressed by them. Had a pair of Keens before them and they were really good.
    Best boots I have ever owned were a pair of Danners, they just never lost there shape.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Doctor Marten.

djglover
    Free Member

hi-tec silver shadow

HTH

willard

Shads? Come on man, be serious!

Truth be told, I’m not that impressed with Merrells either. My last pair wore down at the heel and the ball of the foot far too quickly, and they cracked along the top too.

Saying that, just about every pair of boots/shoes of that nature I own is pretty much knackered at the moment. My North Face boots are leaking and falling apart, the maindles are chewed and falling apart on the sole, even my issue boots leak (well, one pair does). I think i need to go shopping for a casual pair and a new pair for walking in.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like Salomon, or got some Keen shoes which I am currently loving. Very US style ‘outdoor living’ but there you go 🙂

mark_b
    Free Member

I like Merrells mainly ‘cos they make ’em in huge sizes 8)

but never had a problem with them wearing any faster than any other shoe.

Cougar

I like Salomon

+1.

AdamW
    Free Member

Vibram fivefingers? You’ll stand out with those…

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve had Merrells for the last 15 year and really like them, but the last pair have been really bad….just a weird shape / really bad fit, and the soles are slippy as ****.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Keen

higgo
    Free Member

Merrell stink like no other shoes I’ve ever had ever have.

Nasty.

Twin
    Free Member

Brasher approach shoes. Most comfy shoes I’ve ever had, last ages, loads of styles to choose from.

barney
    Free Member

Cushe. Aces.

hp_source

Another Salomon fan here…

Coyote
    Free Member

Red or Dead. Comfiest boots I’ve ever had.

BillMC

INOV8. I bashed around Oz and NY in a very lightweight pair last summer. They were brill and are still in one piece.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Given up on Merrels – they fall to bits and the soles are less grippy than oiled ice. Now looking at Haglofs and Meindls.

Got some nice K Swiss for town shoes.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Another +1 for Salomon…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Got some Salomon SpeedCross 2s recently for trail running – utterly brilliant superlight race shoes. If any of you trail run, they are a must.

vondally
    Free Member

merrels awful tat that falls to bits

salomon okay but expensive

try asics trail running shoes goretex lined well cushioned and decent tread…….cheap in Chav world sorry sports direct

raichle/mammut really excellent fit swiss quality

druidh
    Free Member

Salomon for me too. Following lots of issues with badly fitting walking boots, I found out that they use a different last shape to most others, with a narrower heel. This suits my feet perfectly.

mrmo
    Free Member

tended to use salomon, but last pair of everday shoes are a pair of La Sportivas

fadda

Some good suggestions there, thanks all.

Time to go shopping!

elaineanne
    Free Member

merrels are comfy tho ! but yeah they do tend to stink (my hubbys do anyway(then that cud be a smelly man thing you understand ! 😉
    Keen shoes look gud tho ive neva worn them..so cant comment
    there are alot of other makes od shoes around these days that have the ‘Vibram‘ sole on them !!! have a look out for those !!!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Meindl
    Comfiest shoes i’ve ever owned & last yonks

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I now use these Merrells for my work shoes:

Meindls are my proper boots though. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Salomon for me too. Following lots of issues with badly fitting walking boots, I found out that they use a different last shape to most others, with a narrower heel. This suits my feet perfectly.

Yes, I have very narrow heels and I get heel-lift with most shoes, but Salomon fit me brilliantly.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Salomons. I got a pair in Ft Willy 7 yrs ago. The soles are gone, the backs of the heels are shredded (i never undo the laces) They fit like gloves & I’ve just bought some more for ‘best’.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a pair of XCR goretex chameleons that are at least 5 years old, wear them loads.

have a pair of salomon trail comp – lasted less than 60 miles of running before splitting up.

know where my money would be going next time

househusband

My main gripe with Merrell shoes of late has been the soles; ‘slippy as ****’ – as noted by lodious above.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, I have a pair of Salomon boots that I use for winter daily wear – 3 winters so far and look like new. I’ve also had Salomon shoes that I’d worn every single day for two years (with a lot of walking around to and from work, I had no car for 18 months of that period).

I’d definitely buy again.

swisstony
    Free Member

5/10 do some nice ones

allyharp

Very happy with some Salomons I’ve had for over a year, on the lookout for another pair but they’re a bit pricey.

jools182
    Free Member

salomon xa pro

last for ages

gamo
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Scarpa Quest and they are really good, seem great quality
    and have a sticky rubber sole thats great on the odd ride with flats.
    Merrell dont seem as good as they used to be.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I quite like Merrell shoes but…’ is closed to new replies.