Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I just bought a Supermarine Spitfire Mkla.. OMG
  • redthunder
    Free Member

After 42 years, I’ve finally got around to it 🙂

Last one a Aldi today.

Spitfire by SGMTB, on Flickr

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Cool
    🙂
    Dont forget to post an update when its built

Bunnyhop

That is exactly what hubby did yesterday. He can’t wait to put it together over the Christmas holidays.

igrf
    Free Member

Cool.

redthunder
    Free Member

By your command 🙂

DickBarton

Nice…local toy shop to me (in Stirling) has a 1:24 scale model in the window…very tempted…but doubt I have the patience nowadays!

avdave2

I’ve still got a Wellington and a Heinkel 111 that I must get round to building , I must have bought them around 1978.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Well, what are the chances?
    I bought one about an hour ago too (though not from Aldi, and not for me)

Spitfire

druidh
    Free Member

I bought 36 of them.

I’ve left them in their boxes, buried them and left some vague instructions about where to find them in 60 years time.

CountZero

Classic kit! That’s the one that James May had a hand in creating a 1:1 version of. Have fun, and be careful not to get glue on the clear canopy! 😀

I’ve got a kit of the Horton flying-wing jet that I’ve yet to build. Must get started on it sometime…

Reluctant
    Free Member

Nice! And makes a change to tractors 😉

racefaceec90

i used to love building those (loved the smell of the airfix paint (that used to come in those tiny tins).i kept sticking my fingers together though 😕

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought an F-15E Strike Eagle, F-14A Tomcat and AH-64 Apache all in 1/32 scale and now adding all the photo etched parts and resin parts to my list of things to buy. All ready for next year when not riding lol.

crankboy
    Free Member

my 16 month old loves the spitfire and me109 he has dangling from his cealing on fishing wire , ww1 dogfight to be built this holiday . i did the building painting and transfers he does the blowing to make them sway.

pingu66
    Free Member

Thanks Matt I have been promising myself that I would get one of those as a distraction from work, just ordered it now.

redthunder
    Free Member

We need a photo thread of this years xmas model builds 🙂

@Reluctant
    They did have a wooden John Deere that caught my eye 😉

garage-dweller

my one of those is just awaiting its paint!

you might want some fine sandpaper mine needed some tidying to get good fit.

I now have a box set with another mk1a spitfire (or air spitter as my 3 year old calls it), a p51 and a bf109. all destined for an air display in his room and out of his reach otherwise they wont last!

smoothchicken

Just started building the Spitfire to keep these two company!

[/url] 2/3’s BBMF by dave.w.taylor, on Flickr[/img]

Rich_s

Video of mk1 refurbed at Duxford http://vimeo.com/28982899

crush83
    Free Member

I’ve got a kit of the Horton flying-wing jet that I’ve yet to build. Must get started on it sometime…

Now that is a cool plane

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I just bought a Supermarine Spitfire Mkla.. OMG’ is closed to new replies.