Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • I have to build a trampoline tonight!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

And I reckon at this rate it’s gonna well after 10 before I start! I sooo wish I still believed in Santa 😆

scaredypants

have another beer first !

(and don’t forget to build it in the lounge 😆 )

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’ll pop round about 4am and give it a test 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Thinks your a bit Brahms & List matey

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s fookin raining now!!!!

dawson

Can we have photo updates so we can see your progress?

Only so that we can rip the pi55 offer support of course!!… 😉

jlf1970
    Free Member

Best of luck!

kayak23

I’m sure you’ll bounce back.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Top tip, grease the joints when you put the frame together, it stops a lot of the noise that WILL drive you nuts, best of luck.

Xmas cheers to one & all.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Do use the tool for attaching the springs – piece of cake with that…

Bregante

Just finished the 4 yr olds ” easy to assemble ” castle. Think it was designed by the bloke who designed our ikea wardrobes! 😕

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Oh hope you have the quickest route to A&E worked out ready for tomorrow! 😈 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

T plus 10 minutes in the sack, still reckon it’s too early to start swearing and clanking metal around in the garden!

donsimon
    Free Member

What is the fixation with trampolines? I took the train to Liverpool a few weeks ago and saw loads.

qwerty
    Free Member

What is the fixation with trampolines?

Sales had taken a dip but have currently bounced back.

wrightyson
    Free Member

They’re still awake!!! Where’s the piriton??

donsimon
    Free Member

Sales had taken a dip but have currently bounced back.

On their way down again now…

Mikeypies
    Free Member

In the garden what sort of parent are you !!!!

Too many moons ago on xmas day we (my big bro and me) were over the moon when we were finaly allowed to enter the lounge to find a climbing frame fully build which we played on till it was dismantled in the new year and erected in the garden. It was great 😀

GrahamS

Just finished putting together a toddlers kitchen unit.

“Simple” 31-step flatpack with only 6 diagrams, no words and screws made from tin-coloured brie.

Yeah thanks for that Santa.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Just finished looking at the stars with the telescope that my oldest will be getting tomorrow.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cool sbz! You will perhaps be able to see a new spangly star when I jettison this fookin trampoline into the atmosphere using a combination of petrol and anger!!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Why build it now? As a kid I’d have loved helping my Dad build it on Christmas Day.

nuke

Can we have photo updates so we can see your progress?

+ 1 . Great thread…looking forward to see how it goes

Happily I managed to get a LeapPad for my 6 year old so the worst I’m expecting is trying to find & fit batteries 😀

franksinatra

I heard earlier that all of the trampolines had stolen from a nearby, police have been called and have sprung into action

IGMC

franksinatra

[/quote]“Simple” 31-step flatpack with only 6 diagrams, no words and screws made from tin-coloured brie.
    Yeah thanks for that Santa.

Same here!

Hohum
    Free Member

Good luck with the trampoline!

Our 2 eldest are fast asleep now (11.30pm) but our youngest is still wide awake, grrr!

steve-g
    Free Member

Another kids kitchen thing here, from ELC. 3.5 hours thats taken with a couple of screws missing from the end product due to the “tin coloured brie” factor

Dolls house tomorrow….maybe grandad can do that one

*Basks in the contentment that I set the daughters laptop up while she was still awake, as she knew she was getting it – and that Mrs STR had wrapped the rest of her presents and it took a grand total of 5 minutes to transport them from under the bed to the lounge*

*Then realises that a tv has to be fitted to her bedroom wall tomorrow*

Still, no toys to build, batteries to fit and annoying packaging to undo that would survive a nuclear blast – what is it with securing kids dolls into the packaging?

GrahamS

franksinatra & steve-g: Acorn Wooden Play Kitchen?

Right fecker wasn’t it? I’ve put real kitchen cabinets together that were considerably easier than that.

Though I was sober then I guess…

midlifecrashes

Have you done it yet? We had some fun a few years back when daughter got a new metal high sleeper bed, we assembled it in her new room late on Christmas eve, room only 10″ longer than the bed and trying not to wake her in the room next door.

althepal

I have some spare dirty petrol for anyone wanting to give their kids kitchen units a Viking send off..
    Ours has a climbing frame chute thing but was blowing a houlie outside today so no chance..

midlifecrashes – I feel your pain. Last Christmas we bought our daughter a cabin bed off fleabay to put in the smaller bedroom so we could turn her old bedroom into a games room. Didn’t have to assemble it covertly, but did have to do it from memory of dismantling it from where we bought it from as there were no instructions. The bloody thing had wardrobes and a desk underneath too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just a quick check in!! Now lay in bed! Had the frame together in less than ten minutes, turned it over it fell apart, shouted the wife to assist then shouted at the wife as my instructions were not being followed precisely!! Frame back up 5 mins later. Time for some springs, in order of position 0 20 40 60 80/0 somehow during this procedure a miss count occured which would be revealed later! All 80 attached a quick bounce and completed in 35 mins. Wasn’t happy with it’s position so decided to move it solo, on doing so the whole fookin thing turned into a pringle shaped ball of tension. Fuuuuucccckkkk!!!!

dan314
    Free Member

Lets hope the wind doesn’t pick up over night… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIaKMdO-Vw

restless
    Free Member

oh dear, the trampoline is not going well then!

I have just run out of wrapping paper and still got two presents to wrap 😥
    Have spent ages taking the plastic toy ties off and putting batteries in, so everything is ready to go when unwrapped 🙂

TiRed

built an oval jump pod 15′. good luck, ours was moved in one piece by the removal company!

use the spring tool and follow the order for attaching the springs. worry about the net etc tomorrow. in fact id have waited anyway.

racefaceec90

enjoy 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Update!!
    It’s had a session and is “best present ever” that was until the iPod touch’s were revealed and now the trampoline is a redundant garden ornament that took me two hrs to build in the rain 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆 wrightyson

Has given us a few giggles, this one.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKb9z4l7eM[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘I have to build a trampoline tonight!!!!’ is closed to new replies.