Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • i can only afford one bike. whats it worth these days?
  • DJTC
    Free Member

hi. my proper bike is screwed. needs fork service/maybe new forks, new rims and rotors. and i have no money. looking to sell me singlespeed to get the cash. how much do you think its worth?

one one inbred 18″
    hope headset
    Nukeproof carbon forks
    ea50 bars
    syntace f139 stem
    deore hydralic brakes
    giant grips
    bonty seatpost
    sdg bel air ti rail saddle
    dt swiss wheelset, cant remeber what type – the copper coloured ones
    bonty jones mud x tyres
    deore chainset
    e13 g ring
    superstar chain tensioner

any help would be great, cheers

dannybgoode

I find sticking it on ebay with a sensible starting price and no reserve tends to guide you to what the market is willing to pay for any given item.

If you have a price in mind that you absolutely won’t go (or can’t) below – stick it on buy it now at about 20% higher than that and invite offers. If you get an offer that you like, take it. If not you know its too expensive.

Cheers

Danny B

DJTC
    Free Member

cheers mate. appreciate your help.

dannybgoode

Trouble is, bikes are hard to price and you never get what you want for them! If you’re going to stick it in the classifieds again, take the bear minimum you want for it and load that a bit but not so much as to put people off.

If you don’t get offers around what you want then is it worth selling and would you regret the sale later.

is there anything else you can flog to raise the cash. The bits you need don’t look overly expensive (comparative I know when you don’t have any money) but is flogging the SS overkill?

Can you look online and service the forks yourself? Rotors don’t need to be costly and take the opportunity to learn how to build the new rims back up yourself (assuming you can’t already).

Cheers

Danny B

DJTC
    Free Member

yeah i wouldnt get much for it. forks have gotta go for a proper service unfortunatley as there is something very wrong. rims are way past fixing aswell unfortunatley. hubs are hope so are still great. but i destroy bikes so need to be super strong rims.

i do fix almost everything at home but these are just not doable for me. i have had stupid amounts of time off work due to ankle surgery and now a broken collar bone. have flogged most of what i own already. would love to not sell it but it may be the only option if i want a proper bike for the summer.

DJTC
    Free Member

anyone have any suggestion of price?

chilled76
    Free Member

£350 ish would be my guess.

monkeyboyjc

as Chilled76 says, about 350.
    splitting will get you over £400.

frame – 80
    hope headset – 30
    Nukeproof carbon forks – 50/80?
    ea50 bars – 10 (best sold on ebay with the stem as you’ll reduce fees/postage costs)
    syntace f139 stem – 10
    deore hydralic brakes – 50
    giant grips – bin
    bonty seatpost – 10, or less dependent on condition
    sdg bel air ti rail saddle – 20
    dt swiss wheelset, 80 inc tyres
    bonty jones mud x tyres
    deore chainset – 20/30
    e13 g ring 10/20
    superstar chain tensioner – 5

DJTC
    Free Member

thanks alot for your help. that gives me a good idea of where to start.

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

What servicing do carbon forks need?

warton
    Free Member

What servicing do carbon forks need?

None, it’s his other bike’s forks that need the work

ruffride
    Free Member

I got 270 for my last inbred had same sorta spec an same size but had marzoccchi all mountain forks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘i can only afford one bike. whats it worth these days?’ is closed to new replies.