Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I’m moving to Abu Dhabi UAE
  • Michael-B
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone on here lives out that way or lived out that way. Do you have any recommendations of where to live? Or anything like that which may help. I have a good book about relocation there but it’s always better getting a first hand experience.

Thanks.

can-uk
    Free Member

Hi, I live down the road in Dubai.

Check out http://www.dubizzle.com.. should give you a flavour of what's available and at what prices.

Good luck with the move.. and don't let the red-tape wear you down!!

Trimix
    Free Member

When will you be selling your mountain bike stuff then ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Michael-B
    Free Member

can-uk – Thanks for the link I’ll have a good look. Hopefully the company I’m joining sort lot all the red tape out I get a get a guide for the first 6 days to help me.

Trimix – not selling my bike stuff I’m a just get more type person 😆 I’m think hardcore hard tail for the rocky desert.

jimmy

Don't they have indoor trails over there?

turboferret

Michael,

Currently in our Abu Dhabi office, live down the road in Dubai, but about to relocate to Italy.

Accommodation is considerably cheaper in Dubai than Abu Dhabi for the same sort of quality, especially if you want to be near the centre, but it is a reasonable drive each way.

There is a reasonable amount of biking in Dubai, both road and mountain, but don't know of much which goes on in Abu Dhabi. Friday morning club rides with the Dubai Roadsters have ensured that I don't waste the weekends with lie ins (5:30 am ride start 😯 )

All the mountain biking has been pretty much on the Dubai/Oman border, where it stops being sandy, and starts getting rocky and mountainous. There is an active MTB club with a small but keen core group. I've mainly been riding at night, as it's too hot during the summer to be out during the day for too long, so make sure you have a good set of lights.

There is a good bike shop in Dubai, although not cheap, stocks a good range of stuff.

Can't be of much help for living in Abu Dhabi, but hope that's useful.

Feel free to drop me an email directly if you want to pick my (limited) brains further 🙂

Cheers, Rich

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m moving to Abu Dhabi UAE

Takes all sorts… 😯

edd

Hi Michael B, come ride with us. The Hot Cogs

turboferret (Rich) you must be the one who I never met who worked for Middleburn and is getting Andy a set of TrouteLights. Not that I've been stalking you or anything. 😉 Come for a ride on Friday 10am at the DragonMart Eppco.

Edd

Trimix
    Free Member

Take up diving while your there.

turboferret

Edd, that's me, you seem to know a worrying amount about me already 😀

Unfortunately I'm heading home on Friday, tonight is my last ride with Andy et al 🙁

We will all be riding in the shadows as Andy lights the way with his new super Trout light 🙂

Cheers, Rich

edd

I'll try to come out tonight then – no promises though…

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

What I know, is that the inhabitants of Dubai don't like The Flintstones but those of Abu Dhabi do.

😀

Coat, door, bye!

Michael-B
    Free Member

Accommodation in Abu Dhabi is included so the cost isn’t an issue. I’m going to be working for Abu Dhabi Men’s College and they have been really good at sorting everything out.

I’ve see some other forum posts about road rides in Abu Dhabi and they seem to have the same 5:30-6 am starts. Never been a road rider but needs if must.

Good call on the lights thanks I hadn’t through about that.

I’d had a look at the Hot Cogs website and will be giving you a shout when I’m settled. I’m going out on the 23rd (bikeless) then I’m coming home for Christmas and hopefully bringing a bike out with me. Maybe a new Blue Pig if I’ve been a good boy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I’m moving to Abu Dhabi UAE’ is closed to new replies.