• This topic has 279 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 280 total)
  • HTN 4
  • plumber
    Free Member

I’ve arrived

Stuff is being set up

It seems like it will bevery mild with massive mud potential

Brilliant. Really looking forward to being at the back of this one again 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

We’re on our way. I’m also looking forward to being at the back too! I’m the one with 2 rubber ducks on my helmet!

steveoath
    Free Member

We’re about half an hour away. Had a weird dream last night that someone reversed over my bike in the car park!

steveoath
    Free Member

That was good craic. Big thank you to the guy with the on one bike ( i think) that stoppwd to help me after i went over the bars on a rock garden.

allthepies
    Free Member

Great event!

P.S Sorry to the guy whose bike I ran over in the car park

😉

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

That was bloody brilliant!

I’m sure I spoke to some of you and I even saw some Big Hitters.

I was on a green Solaris with a ‘Here Come The Belgians’ jersey, nice to meet you all.

vickypea
    Free Member

Had a fantastic time, great event!
    🙂

edhornby

Is there curry on tonight ??? Paging Rusty Spanner !

MrSparkle

It was bloody great, wasn’t it? Kudos to Terrahawk and Harry the Spider. I hope you were all motivated by my signs: ‘Well done! Go go go!’ And of course ‘Pedal ya b*stards!’ ;0)

scaled
    Free Member

Haha thanks for the pedal go go go sign. You were in 3rd place for me.

#1 was the little girl with the cow bell who didn’t stop for the whole race!

#2 was Jane telling us all it was still rideable even if it wasn’t (for me)

Great fun, much pain 😀

nikxl
    Free Member

The field of despair on the last lap, it nearly broke me.

I won’t be riding out and back again 4 hour and 47 miles and I am nailed.

The sign made me laugh. Cracking event please book the weather again for next year

forge197
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that, great event.

sturmey
    Free Member

What a great morning the course the weather everything about it was superb thanks

vickypea
    Free Member

Mr Sparkle – loved your signs! All the marshalls were brilliant, very motivating
    🙂

scaled
    Free Member

😀

She cheered up after.

forge197
    Free Member

These have been uploaded nice and quick!!

Pic’s of HTN4

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was’nt very hit the northy though…
    Nice weather
    Not much mud (it’s a relative thing btw)
    No brass band
    Not much banter (even though I rode into the same gate twice just for comedic effect) and a bit too many people taking it all a bit too seriously.
    Next year can we have a snowy fun filled sh#t fest again pleeease?

RustySpanner

Ed, I’m up for a curry if you are.

Should be in the pub before 8.

Thanks to Harry, Terra & the Sparkly one for another great event.
    The new bits were fun, the old bits were ‘well bedded in’, the food was excellent and the vibe was great.

That bloody field though!
    I nearly just sat down and abandoned myself to the inevitable drowning.

And I didn’t come last!

Superb meeting everyone again, It was spot on.
    Anyone see Ton, btw?
    Didn’t notice him……

Not much banter (even though I rode into the same gate twice just for comedic effect) and a bit too many people taking it all a bit too seriously.

Yes, but there was a bagpipe squeezer and a comedy PA system.

Some mouthy git had a right pop at me and Louis for getting in his way – shouted ‘on the right’ after Radcliffe Rapids and went inbetween us, then started gobbing off.
    Red and white top.
    If it was you, learn some manners.

theboatman
    Free Member

Great event, loads of great folk there. I’ll formerly say hello to no.24, we had a rather exciting spill on the first lap on the berm’y things. Great fun.
    Currently quaffing a single malt in town in the jury’s inn; next a booze followed by a night in drink 🙂

squiff
    Free Member

Had a fantastic time, great event!

+1

simondbarnes

Bloody fantastic event. Had a blast 🙂

binners

Massive thanks to Terrahawk, Harry and all the marshals. What a fantastic day!! The field of despair was even more aptly named this year! Brutal!!!!

banks
    Free Member

Bloody good fun cheers guys can’t imagine there’s anything else like it, well except takishi’s castle..

The field of tears, I came…

Very close to spitting the dummy but realised I’d still have to carry my bike out

richpips
    Free Member

Great event as per usual. Good to see some fo you lot there too.

#1 was the little girl with the cow bell who didn’t stop for the whole race!

Thanks, I’ve told my daughter. She has a blister now apparently. 🙂

simondbarnes

I’m surprised her arm didn’t fall off Rich!

RustySpanner

She was ace!

Did anyone else see the Mayoral chauffeur stick the municipal Jag into that ditch? 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cheers Forge197, you are £9.98 richer 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Cheers Forge197, you are £9.98 richer

Nothing to do with me I was a participant You’ve made someone else richer.

MrSparkle

Sport Sunday are ace. Really great supporters of local sport. They helped mark the course out, lent walkie talkies and are just generally good folk.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

A fantastic event/race/ride in the park.

Well done to all the organisers and marshals, we love you all.

Did 5 laps and I only got lapped by one person a certain Mr Nick Craig across the Field of Dispair before my rear mech was ripped off into my wheel with my awesome power on the climb the big central climb halfway round, snapper 2 spokes and these cut my tubless rim strip. Game over but still push the bike over the line.

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks for doing it. I thought it went quite well. I am currently watching my son’s swimming lesson, then stodge loading in preparation for a messy night in the pub. I’ll see a few of you in there.

P S i knew the mayor’s bloody limo was a bad idea.

hallz
    Free Member

Had a right blast this morning! Thanks guys for organising it – this was my second go at it and i might well return the favour and help out with marshalling next year – sure you will always need the numbers!

Im aching like mad right now. Managed to throw myself over the bars at the end of the second strip of rock. Nasty hole in the rock bed right at the end – told myself to go round it but the message got lost between brain and hands 😮

Just jetwashed the bike as well – blimey that muds sticks like glue!

Cheers to everyone – smashing crowd and good to meet you, Mr Rusty Spanner!

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Second time for me.
    Many thanks to Harry, Terrahawk, Mr Sparkle and all of those who organised, set up, marshalled etc etc.
    Had a stinking cold this morning (honest) but loved every minute.
    Special mention to the lass with the cowbell from me as well.
    Also to the folks at the bottom of the drop into the car park (I know not falling off for three consecutive laps isn’t a big deal for most but it was for me! And boy did I let you all know, thanks for the kind words folks).

In fact, it’s probably unfair to single anyone out, they all helped get my aching, cramp-riddled frame around the course.

Actually, I must say cheers to the guy who told me to ‘stay off the brakes’ on the last lap (the descent into some trees and then all the mud). Rode it better than I had before, cheers pal.

Al at Garage had sorted the bike last week. Nice to try out the new bars (Chromag Fubar OSXs, f***ing huge, loved ’em) and brakes (Deores, cheap and very cheerful, especially when you’ve had Juicy 3s on!).

The new trails are great. I’ll be back to ride them again.

sambob
    Free Member

SO MUCH FUN. Took me bloody ages to clean the bike though. Did 4 laps, which I was happy with, absolutely shot on the last lap though. Massive thanks to all involved. Only saw one gel wrapper on the whole course, which is nice.

plumber
    Free Member

Up at 3am drive to Manchester

Ride around muddy field. Didn’t get lost this year

Drive straight back to that London

But you wouldn’t miss it would you. Thanks to all the lovely people who go out of their way to put this on for us

I felt a few people were taking it a bit too serious this year but still the same vibe around the course

MartynS

Well, my first race… Really enjoyed it!! Thanks all for the effort in organising it.
    Biggest thanks goes to miss pips and her cow bell!! Top effort

Sitting down now, don’t think it’ll be a late night!!

ctznsmith
    Free Member

That was bloody ace.

Didn’t crash and I got some air on the jumps, I’ve never done that before! Was a bit of a chicken on other bits mind you.

Thanks to all involved in organising it.

Naranjada
    Free Member

A great event yet again.

Thanks to all the folks who organised, participated, held up banners, taped the course, blew into pipes, banged drums, shook noisy things and offered words of encouragement.

The Field of Despair on the last lap almost broke me too.

Roll on 2014!

solarpowered
    Free Member

Thank you so much all of you! Race organisers, marshals, supporters and fellow riders! A bunch of truly wonderful people 🙂 My first race ever and after the nerves settled, the giggles started!!!!
    Wonderful, truly wonderful!
    Thank you Jane, Julian & Kat, your words of encouragement were greatly received and it also felt great doing some ‘synchronised’ mountain biking over the table tops with some lovely fella 🙂 felt almost artistic!
    Mr Sparkle, your signs were a joy…. And you seemed to ‘pop’ up all over the place to cheer everyone on! Marshal at number 10 – by eck you were very good at getting people to the top of that monstrous hill 🙂
    May see you all again next year 😉
    Thank you one again xxx

nbt

730 images currently processing. Pics up later tonight…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘HTN 4’ is closed to new replies.