Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to get a bike stolen.
  • coatesy
    Free Member

I parked up in Glyncorrwg(scene of recent bike thefts) this morning, next to a car with two obviously expensive bikes clipped onto a roof rack, and not a soul in sight. After about ten minutes of the usual faffing about, the owners returned and in less than a minute had removed their bikes from the rack.When I mentioned the recent bike thefts, I was told that they never leave them for long enough to have them nicked! Anyone else spot the flaw in their logic?

alexpalacefan

Are you sure they were the owners?

A

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yes. But I guess the time taken to steal a bike with reasonable certainty of getting away with it is considerably longer than the time taken to remove it from the roof-rack.

coatesy
    Free Member

Nope, but they didn’t just leg it, so I guess they were.And if they’re willing to spend the time bending car doors to nick bikes from inside, then hoofing it with a bike from a roof rack’s bound to be even quicker.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Were the bikes locked to the roof though?

RealMan
    Free Member

Do you think it would be a public service to steal peoples bikes whenever you see that kind of opportunity, hide them behind a bush somewhere close, and then when they come back, let them grieve for a minute or two, before letting them know their beloveds are safe and sound?

Would definitely teach people a lesson about leaving their bike around.

Or youd get punched in the face.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to get a bike stolen.’ is closed to new replies.