Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How much would you pay for a good nights sleep?
  • scotabroad

Went into the local bed shop to buy a pillow – pretty simple task you might think?

About 20 to choose from from 9 quid to 79.99 pounds for a down coated memeory foam one!!!! 😯

Piggin 'eck, I went for the 30 quid ones since I need decent ones to prevent sore necks.

But 80 quid for a pillow, surely a marketing ploy?

skidartist
    Free Member

For 80 quid I'd make damned sure I stayed awake all night just to get my moneys worth

mboy
    Free Member

Rephrase the question perhaps… "How much would you pay for a decent night of NO sleep?" 😉

LOL, sorry, mind went off course there!

£80 a pillow does seem a touch extreme mind. Think mine were about £6 each, but then I'm a cheapskate!

lyons
    Free Member

I used to sleep on matresses worth over a grand. When i should have been working. In Selfridges. At night. Then the security gaurds caught us, and told us to do some work. 🙁 So we then had to go and use the massage rooms. The matresses Were ALOT comfier. They even used to give you a massage.

bukkakehairdo
    Free Member

The mark up on beds, matressess and pillows is massive, when i bought a new bed the guy was leaving and showed me the trade prices, as i questioned his ridiculous level of generosity. Basically had two down duvets and 4 down pillows and all cotton sheets for nothing, plus the bed and matress was on sale. He demonstrated that the owners were still making a large profit. It's like a 70%-80% margin or something crazy!

In other words HAGGLE

DaveGr
    Free Member

If I was to pay £80 for something to take to bed it wouldn't be a pillow 😯

uplink
    Free Member

If I was suffering [again] from insomnia & I thought it may help, I'd have had that £80 pillow like a shot
    TBH – I would've paid more than that for one nights sleep

BTW – I don't think it would help I just know how desperate & irrational you can get.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Reccommend goose down – slightly cheaper than duck down but just as good.

Unless you can source a couple of valium or a moggie (are they still called moggies?)… 😯

CaptJon
    Free Member

£80 is cheap for 'an extra pillow'

Haribo
    Free Member

have you ever seen an uncomfortable duck 😆
    (cant remember the comedian)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

May I be the first to say that I just buy a decent 'down' pillow & subtract content until I'm happy/comfortable, I know it involves a needle & thread, & maybe a bit of effort, but I used to be in the cubs 30 years ago & I'm not afraid to admit it.

Houns

Two things in life that you should spend good money on – Your shoes and your bed. If you're not in one you're in the other

samuri
    Free Member

Sometimes I'd pay a grand for a good nights sleep, no problem. When it's the second night with no sand man, it's three in the morning and I know it's not going to happen, and things are started to grow funny edges, and everything is really loud and really bright, except the things that are actually loud and bright, they're quiet and dull.

I'd pay a grand then. But it'd have to be a good 8 hours of continuous, unbroken sleep.

alwyn
    Free Member

I have students near me, to shut them up for good I would pay far more then a mear £80!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Samuri, have you tried alcohol? I hear you can buy it cheap from the supermarket 😉

uplink
    Free Member

Samuri, have you tried alcohol? I hear you can buy it cheap from the supermarket

booze gets me off to sleep but I wake very early [3 ish] & then can't get back off again

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How much would you pay for a good nights sleep?’ is closed to new replies.