Home Forums Chat Forum How do you deal with "asky" people

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • How do you deal with "asky" people
  • jhw
    Free Member

Case in point 1:

Invited hot girl to go climbing with me. Invited guy along too, as I didn’t want to creep the girl out. Then it turned out the guy couldn’t actually fit in our accommodation, so I told him “sorry mate you can’t come after all”. At this point asky man asks “call the landlord and persuade them”. I did so, putting my back out for asky man. Asky man then came climbing, spent the entire weekend flagrantly chatting up hot girl while enjoying my hospitality friends and car, and has just (2 weeks later) f**ked her, while I got ditched over a nice meal I had to pay for “but we can still climb together”. Will need to settle this with asky man face to face at some point.

Case in point 2:

JHW: “I can see you (Less Hot Girl) all weekend except for 1 hour when I have a climbing lesson booked, with a 4 week waiting list”.
    LHG: “That’s fine! Guess what! I called the climbing centre and can share your lesson! So we can climb together! Yay!”.
    JHW: SIGHHH
    JHW: “I am going skiing this winter. There is a space. You may come.”
    LHG: “That’s fine! Guess what! I can bring a friend too! Or better yet! We can go on a completely different trip, with different people, for a different type of skiing!”
    JHW: kill me now

How do you deal with these arseholes? I find being assertive doesn’t work – it always ends with a huge row and you become the bad guy. Is writing them off the only solution? (definitely in the case of the wretched first guy…).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘How do you deal with "asky" people’ is closed to new replies.