Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • hope headsets any good or over rated?
  • c9tln
    Free Member

as above,or what else to consider for a similar price? cheers.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I have 4 of them, yet to have any issues after some years of use.

jimw
    Free Member

I have one on my Orange- no issues over 3 years including very muddy winters, still as smooth as ever.

As an alternative, I have a cane creek S8 with stainless bearings- for reasons that would take too long to explain, this has been on four frames/ two forks over the past five years- still on the same bearings, sealing if anything better than the Hope.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have Hope headset on my orange five…. 2 years later still going strong…. 😉 through plenty if muddy winters muddy summers etc..lol 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

They all have split crown races, good for easily swapping forks, if that’s useful to you.

c9tln
    Free Member

think i’m sold,what’s the difference between integrated and semi integrated? do you just need less spacers?

thomthumb
    Free Member

there good but no better than fsa orbit XLII or mx both of which are lighter and much cheaper.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Semi is a 44mm cup that presses into the frame, Integrated is a frame that is designed with bearing seats in the headtube.

Hope headsets are very good quality.
    I’ve run them for over 10years with no problems. Even my old sets are still going strong on the Kids’ bikes.

mboy
    Free Member

there good but no better than fsa orbit XLII or mx both of which are lighter and much cheaper.

And the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro is now £35 from certain outlets, rrp of £90, and is certainly much higher quality than anything out there with possible exception of a King. 10 year warranty too.

Hopes are ok, better than a cheapo caged bearing headset, but they’re not worth the money Hope charges compared to FSA or many others…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

what’s the difference between integrated and semi integrated?

Chalk and cheese.

What frame have you got? What fork do you want to fit?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Raceface Deus headset. I have had mine over two years on three different frames and its a great headset. I Have had a few Hopes, new style and older one and there good but you can pick the Deus up at really good prices on ebay and even at the same money I would go for it over the Hope!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

5 years of abuse on mine and still smooth as a baby’s bum.

enfht
    Free Member

Their CURRENT headsets are crap

The top seal is not fit for purpose and fails to prevent crud getting in

Don’t believe the hype, avoid

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve currently got Hopes and Kings on all my bikes
    They’re the only 2 that have never failed
    If you ride in shitty conditions I wouldn’t bother looking elsewhere

Everything else I’ve ever had FSA,Cane Creek etc. has needed new bearings every now and then at the very least.

mattbee

Pre ordered my XC one when it first appeared in the mags. (sad bugger, eh?) and it is still going strong today. Been in 6 or 7 bikes and stayed buttery smooth. Can’t remember exact year but it must be circa 6-8 years. Reckon that’s fairly good value for money.

flow
    Free Member

Whats with all this “are Hope over-rated” bull shite

c9tln
    Free Member

It’ll be going on my ironhorse mk111,I think it’s a semi integrated I’ll need.

enfht
    Free Member

The point is that everyone recommending them are talking about the old version, not what arrives if the OP orders one

Buy something else with better seals

uplink
    Free Member

The point is that everyone recommending them are talking about the old version

no I’m not

enfht
    Free Member

“Never failed” how long you talking ?

oldgit
    Free Member

Overkill for the road do you reckon?

c9tln
    Free Member
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘hope headsets any good or over rated?’ is closed to new replies.