Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Home made tyre jizz (latex) receipes please…
  • twang
    Free Member

What do you put in yours? does it freeze? etc etc. Cheers…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

whale spunk

chvck
    Free Member

Honey badgers, the tyre gets too scared to develop holes.

twang
    Free Member

That’d be sperm whale then?… You guys 🙄

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

1 part latex
    1.5 part water
    0.5 part screenwash (cheap stuff to stop it freezing and drying out as quick)
    (try and get it to the consistency of single cream)
    Capful of glitter -to help plug holes. any colour really I like gold.
    glitter is different sizes though apparently so I went for a medium size:)

Lasts for at 3/4 months or so as long as you put a decent amount in (I use between 120ml and 150ml for a 2.3 tyre)

theres also a thread at mtbr about “open source” tyre solution. its long so just skip to near the end for their revised version.

twang
    Free Member

Thanks ginger, where do you get your latex from? Is it copydex type stuff or is it used for other applications?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Just but the real stuff ya tight ****, you would probably end up saving money in the long run !!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^^ agreed, you really need to reassess your life, its 11 quid to do about 8 wheels ffs

twang
    Free Member

Tight and proud my friend!
    I like making my own stuff, I get immense satisfaction in knowing I haven’t just paid 11 quid for a few pence worth of latex!
    I also like changing my tyres a lot so if its cheap I dont mind wasting a bit….you see?? 🙂

spindi
    Free Member

You can go the copydex route also. That comes in huge quantity for super cheap. Have a shop about. That being said I use Wheel Milk from Just Riding Along and have found it to be about as cheap if you get the large bottle. Certainly cheaper than tubes.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I typed “latex” into ebay and the results weren’t quite what I was looking for…

uplink
    Free Member

I typed “latex” into ebay and the results weren’t quite what I was looking for…

Try “Latex Mould Maker”

That being said I use Wheel Milk from Just Riding Along and have found it to be about as cheap if you get the large bottle. Certainly cheaper than tubes.

but it dries up in no time at all

Stan’s or Joe’s etc lasts much longer

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Sorry a bit late, By a litre of modelling latex from art shop in glasgow – cant remember the name of it (its at the glasgow fort if you google it) but its pretty common in any art store and its a hell of a lot thicker than copydex!!! its £12 bucks a litre so you can make up to three litres of goo for £12. not bad. and I bet you its just a good as the real stuff – been using it for three years no-punctures and defo seals tyres well on initial inflation and after any burping

spindi
    Free Member

but it dries up in no time at all

I’ve had a bottle in the garage for 8 months. Lasts a long time in my tyres also.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Home made tyre jizz (latex) receipes please…’ is closed to new replies.