Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Hit the North – Feb 25th 2012
  • Harry_the_Spider

TwinklyDave being brave on the way to the podium.

Wot steps?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hit The North.

It’s like a big pot of homemade casserole.

Salt of the earth bike comp.

Ace that it’s running again.

terrahawk
    Free Member

just out of interest…would anyone bring their kids for the Mini-HTN?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ll be there again…..i’ve done the last 3-I finished the 2 hour one in 2010 in around 80th…..I was around 30th in February this year…..I should have the win sewn up for next year quite easily 🙂 Can we have a brass band again?

cp

Brilliant – date is in the diary 🙂

and a reminder for monday to enter!

RustySpanner

Mini HTN?
    By height or age?
    I’ll mention it to the youngest, she is 29 though.

It is like a casserole though, spot on:
    Strangely brown, with various unrecognisable, tough lumpy bits.

Bunnyhop

.would anyone bring their kids for the Mini-HTN?

Oooh that sounds interesting.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

It’s horrid.

Count me in.

tthew

Oh no, already which bike dilemmas in my head. CX bike = definately faster but BLOODY uncomfortable.

binners

would anyone bring their kids for the Mini-HTN?

I’ll bring mine. Whether they like it or not. It’ll toughen the little buggers up. Will they have to go darn’t pit?

Harry_the_Spider

Oh no, already which bike dilemmas in my head. CX bike = definately faster but BLOODY uncomfortable.

There will no doubt be a preview ride or two followed by an attempt to destroy the carpets in Costa Coffee, so you can make your mind up.

IMHO CX is way more scary. I have nearly “done myself a mischief” on the berm section before now.

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I might enter my son in the mini-HtN. He will be 12 then.

But hang on a minute, Last year he managed three teams in the summer HtN that all won their category, so maybe I’ll just keep him as a manager!

Pook

Can the descents have mincey sections for the cxers? I’ll happily get out of the way on the climbs…

;o)

Harry_the_Spider

Can the descents have mincey sections for the cxers?

Nope. It is up to you whether you go down on your wheels, feet or face.

A spectacular “off” will result in that section being named in your honour. We already have “Rooley’s Chin” and “Winkie’s Wipeout”. After the revelation earlier in this post from Chipps the car park climb could now become “The Disco Slipper Grave Yard”.

Pook

Good old winkie. Can’t wait for htn next year

ourmaninthenorth

Can the descents have mincey sections for the cxers? I’ll happily get out of the way on the climbs…

Ah, but ride a lashed-up SS cross bike without working brakes, and we’ll have to reverse those requirements – terrifying down, and tortuous up.

I’ll be signed up. and, if I haven’t sold that death-iron by then, I’ll ride it again.

edhornby

tthew, your options are singlespeed or broken bike, not much of a choice 😀 serves you right for buying a commenfail ! have you got the replacement yet

miniEd would be 14 months old by that point, anyone reckon I can get her on a balance bike and race ready?

Harry_the_Spider

Would anybody be interested in paying a couple of quid extra to use an off-site car park with shower facilities and toilets? We’re going to have a word with the local Rugby club who are situated just outside the park gates. They also have a rather fabulous/massive bar for a post race pint.

The usual event car park without toilets and showers will still be available.

—-

Ed, drag the kid on a sledge.

tthew

singlespeed or broken bike

If the broken frame isn’t replaced by the end of February, I’ll be somewhat disappointed, but it’s not done yet.

IMHO CX is way more scary. I have nearly “done myself a mischief” on the berm section before now.

More mince than a Pukka Beef and Onion pie down there for me last year 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

for the first time ever, I’m going to be able to actually take part at the next one.

I might even give it marks out of 10 afterwards.

(I’m very excited BTW)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – Feb 25th 2012’ is closed to new replies.