Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hidden ticket fees – I feel a rant coming on….
  • fbk
    Free Member

There've been a few posts on here in the past regarding extra fees stuck on MTB event tickets. Well my recent experience with Cirque du Soleil puts them all into perspective.

So, I choose the tickets – not an inconsiderable amount in themselves (from their own site – the only source of tickets obviously). Get to the checkout and spot the extra fees – £20 fixed "booking fee" for an internet booking!!! Then to add insult, £2 PER TICKET for delivery…….THEY WERE F'ing E-TICKETS – £8 to be sent an automatic email reply with tickets attached for me to print out MYSELF!!!

Grrrrrrr! I feel like telling them to stuff it but that could be classed as cutting my own nose off. Plus it's a Birthday present for my better half.

It'd better be good 👿

br
    Free Member

My wife was booking tickets a while back, very difficult to find out the actual price – without going through the full order, even worse than RyanAir.

And yes, the 'extras' take the piss.

allthepies
    Free Member

£20 booking fee! WTF.

CountZero

Yeah, a booking fee for a fracking e-ticket that you have to use your own ink and paper for really yanks my chain, too. I just fail to see how it can possibly be justified. You'd think Trading Standards would be interested.

fbk
    Free Member

Ah my mistake – the £20 was actually £18 – that's £4.50 per ticket "Web Convenience fee"!

WTF? – AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

steffybhoy
    Free Member

It's the age of the greedy robbing the needy.
    Nowt u can do about it.
    Unfortunately the majority of this country are driven by wealth/greed, me? I'm happy to just be here still having happy days.
    It's all corporate presets.
    People who think voting conservative will change it for the better, are deluded (Or any other political monkeys for that matter).

I personally know 4 charity directors who've come from middle class houses to now living in mansions, sums this country up.

chopperT
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother for Cirque de bloody Soleil. Saw the Dralion show at the Albert Hall a few years back. All done with wires, the "artists" were caught by wires when they fell, they deconstructed the tricks with wires, and probably went up with them as well. What a rort. Without a doubt the most blatant piece of performance fraud I have ever seen. Tell the robbing blighters to stick it up their … ahh whats the point…..

fbk
    Free Member

Blimey – I was P'd off last night (still am a bit) but didn't expect this sort of vitriolic response. So, Cirque du Soleil are crap and civilisation as we know it is doomed.

Maybe you're right!! Oh well- tickets bought, email rant sent to the organisers for them to ignore. Life goes on 😕

soulrider
    Free Member

I thought I had been robbed with a £2.50 booking fee and a £2 per ticket FAST delivery fee (email print myself)

cranberry
    Free Member

There is a simple answer – if you don't like the fee don't pay it.

rOcKeTdOg

delivery fee on e tickets? that can't be right!!

fbk
    Free Member

Cranberry – you're right, up to a point. As they were a birthday present though that's not really an option.

It's not the outright prices that get's my goat. It's the fact that the advertised price goes up by about 15% at the last stage before actually paying for them.! That and the stupid excuses given for the extra charges – "Web convenience fee" and "delivery fee" FFS? That'll "extra bit of money we're a bit embarrassed about" and "squeeze a little more because we can"

takisawa2

WTF is Cirque de whatever ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hidden ticket fees – I feel a rant coming on….’ is closed to new replies.