Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help! Travelling abroad – Insurance for mountain biking
  • nacho
    Free Member

We are flying to Spain in September, any advice on travel insurance that covers mountin biking?

robertgray05
    Free Member

I used 'dogtag' insurance a few years back to cover me whilst MTB racing in Poland… not cheap, but they were the only firm I found that would cover MTBing, never mind racing!

B

nacho
    Free Member

Thanks Robert, will check them out

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Just got snowcard insurance for Spanish mtb trip next month, £28.

tomhughes46

+1 for snowcard, not cheap also but seems to be good cover.

tonyg2003

+1 dogtag – used them plenty of times

nacho
    Free Member

cool, thanks all, have a quote for £32 so far

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

another regular Dogtag user here – I have a year long policy and they're great everytime I've had to use them. I recommend them to all our customers too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mmm £32 is peanuts if you need treatment, especially if you don't have insurance! We have fab insurance through work but when Mr MC broke his knee in Morzine in July and spent 4 days in a French hospital having surgery we forked out nearly £1000 and that was without the actual hospital/surgery bill so worth every penny!!!
    also meant to say it may be that if you are planning to go away anywhere at all later in the year it's cheaper to ge an annual insurance policy than just a single trip.

blackhat
    Free Member

I use a Fortis policy – covers MTB and wintersports. It's important to read carefully all the sports included and excluded (there can be some very fine lines of distinction) if you're into anything beyond lying on a beach.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help! Travelling abroad – Insurance for mountain biking’ is closed to new replies.