Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • HELP,,,!!! buggered knee!!!
  • DezB
    Free Member

justhad to get the wife to helpmecout of the bath! my knee has completely locked up. been out riding with my dog, no problem but when i go to get out of bath and put my weight on th knee.. agony! on the outside it feels like 2 bones are locking together and twisting, can’t put any weight on it or its absolute agony!

Any ideas?

😥

iainc

A&E is usual reccomendation if it’s locked

crispybacon
    Free Member

Any ideas?

have you thought of getting one of them walk-in baths? 😉

singletrackmind

Its just old age that is . .
    So thats Saturday out the window i spose ppffffttttt
    Why arent you out celebrating down t’pub ?
    I blame the dog myself
    Thats what you get for speeding you see , sore knees
    No riding to work tomorrow for you, best ‘work’ from home i reckon
    DrP to the rescue , hes a real doctor you know

DezB
    Free Member

thanks mate, my birthday today, shouldv’ve asked for onec (the shower thing ) God it **** hurts

druidh
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, you’ll not be in any hurry for that stuff you ordered from SportPursuit

DezB
    Free Member

i gt that today druidh! really nice, wore it out wkth the dog. probably what did the damage

billysugger
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE&ob=av2e[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLNaWs5SH0[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU&ob=av3e[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA770wpLX-Q&ob=av2e[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

it’ll be better by saturday rob!

DezB
    Free Member

sorry billy that was wasted. on the ipad (hence bad typing) so can’t see the vids

billysugger
    Free Member

You missed out :mrgreen:

Healing vibes

singletrackmind

not if its brokedificated it wont be
    playing 5 a side again with the yooofs at work?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Could be a torn meniscus. My knee would lock and I couldn’t bend it often for a day or two and I would have pain ver similar to what you described. Knee op sorted me out!

DezB
    Free Member

cheers roter, hopefully get to the docs tomorrow. just had my ex-paramedic brotherin-law round with armfuls of pain killers.

yes, rob was fine for football!

DezB
    Free Member

Just back from A&E if any body cares! As roter said, torn cartilage is the problem. the pain is ridiculous, wouldn’t wish it on anybody!
    Is this the reward your body gives you for keeping fit??

andyfla
    Free Member

Damn, I have only just found the post, sounded identical to me – went sailing and all fine until I pushed out on the trepeze and bang was is rather e lot of pain.

Wait for the opp and then a few months of rehab before you are 100%.

Have fun !

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Not sure that cartilage tears to be honest. Unless they are referring to your meniscus as cartilage. Did they give you any ideas on how they intend to progress treatment?

andyfla
    Free Member

Funnily enough I read that as a meniscal tear myself – maybe because that’s what I did.

Is cartilage and Meniscus different then ?

DezB
    Free Member

From what I’ve read meniscus is another name for the cartilage in the knee. Found a good link on my iPad – here’s wiki

No idea yet, have a follow up appointment on the NHS next THURSDAY! So as I have healthcare insurance though work going to the docs to get referred this afternoon. Hopefully will be quicker. I suspect an op for this as theres been no improvement since yesterday.

andyfla
    Free Member

if mine was an indicator you are up for the knife, but I am probably not that credible to diagnose you as I work with computers – BSOD yes, knees no.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Apparently it depends on which books you read.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Apparently there are two different types of cartilage in the knee – articular cartilage which covers the bones, which probably doesnt tear and meniscus which is made of cartilagenous tissue which does tear.

Bit of keyhole surgery to repair the tear or remove the flap, followed by lots of rehab.

andyfla
    Free Member

I did manage to join the ACL repair rehab sessions after my surgery- physio twice a week, could be worth asking if they do anything similar – unless you are private then insist on loads of physio!

DezB
    Free Member

GP reckons the inflamation will die down and it’ll heal on it’s own. 2 opinion on Thursday I guess.
    I hate being inactive, which I’m sure goes for everyone on here, so I’ll be using the forum to keep my (in)sane!

singletrackmind

Bugger
    So Saturday is out the question then , might go it alone to see if i can remember the route as it was a good one .
    Then Dezmonds nearly 30 Birthday ride is also in doubt , as is your ski holiday in April .
    Oh bolllxx

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry pal. Was gonna start getting out more regular and then… arse.
    Hoping the April hol will be ok, but no birfdee ride. I better get emailing 🙁

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘HELP,,,!!! buggered knee!!!’ is closed to new replies.