Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Heatmiser Wifi Thermostats (slight #firstworldproblem)
  • brant
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these for nearly a couple of years now. It’s great. Lets me fettle my heating from my phone at home, or away.

The other morning the heating came on about 4am, set at 35degs. Which was odd.
    Then it did it again last night.

Then I found this on the internet.

Heatmiser WiFi thermostat vulnerabilities

So I’ve pulled the thermostat off the connection box and I’m looking for the wire so I can reprogram it to not have wifi connection until I can work out how to make it work better (some sort of port forwarding thing I’ll have to get our Shaun to do).

Anyhow. Maybe some other people have this sort of thermostat and might be puzzling similarly.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ouch… that’s a horror story in that link. I’m looking at one of these or the alternatives and that’s the Heatmiser off the list now. I wonder how good/bad the alternatives are from a security perspective.

footflaps

That is pretty shocking!

Luckily I just use ours on the LAN and it’s not forwarded through the Router.

I wonder how good/bad the alternatives are from a security perspective.

Not sure it is possible to be worse!

nemesis
    Free Member

True but I guess I’m wondering if they’re all bad or if the heatmiser lot really are just completely incompetent/don’t care.

brant
    Free Member

Bump for evening crowd.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Heatmiser Wifi Thermostats (slight #firstworldproblem)’ is closed to new replies.