Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • have we done the immigration story yet?
  • kimbers

It is feared that hundreds of thousands of foreigners swept into the country in the past four months without having their passports scrutinised.

havent seen the daily fail but i bet there are oaps up and down the country quivering with rage

donsimon
    Free Member

I guess I came back at the right time then.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Yeah, because, obviously, mass illegal immigration is a good thing 😀

iDave
    Free Member

What was illegal about any of them coming into the UK? Not having your passport scanned doesn’t mean you have no right to enter the UK.

vinnyeh

I thought it was a security issue, not an immigration one? 🙄

spw3

Phew. looks like I imported my new foreign GF at the right time then!

grantway
    Free Member

Don’t so peeved off on this I reckon he taken a bribe to allow certain people in
    this needs to be seriously investigated and shoot the Bastard if an out come of
    bombings happens.

Its weird been traveling a lot around europe and coming through customs noticed
    and made several comments of no persons being there and how it used to be.

kilo

TBH some might feel that the big mess up is the fact that passports on watchlists weren’t scanned alllowing persons of interest to come into the uk without detection, who cares about a few illegals trying to earn a living.

Junkyard
    Free Member

big society at work. I am pretty sure this is what dave wanted
    Surprised this one was not on here – even I was struggling to understand this let alone defend it

An illegal immigrant who has committed crimes here has been awarded £17,360 at the High Court for being wrongly imprisoned.

donsimon
    Free Member

who cares about a few illegals trying to earn a living.

+1, it’s all cash in the economy, isn’t it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not if they send it home
    Yours
    Daily Mail

nuke

It is not saying that people from outside the EU were just waved through or further checks weren’t carried out at all…passports of people from outside the EU would have been checked but, only if suspicions were raised, would the additional checks (biometrics etc) be completed.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Can’t we just put up a ‘Sorry we’re full’ sign at all ports and airports?

grantway
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    who cares about a few illegals trying to earn a living.

+1, it’s all cash in the economy, isn’t it.

only if there paying tax if not more drain on our system on benefits
    and health care So not right at all

wrecker
    Free Member

it’s all cash in the economy, isn’t it.

I wish someone would tell that to the Canadians. I’d love to be an immigrant.

donsimon
    Free Member

I have to pay tax now? Shouldn’t I wait until I get a proper job, I mean, they’ll cut my benefit if I declare the work I’m doing now.

kimbers

havent the ukba lost/ about to loose 5000 staff to cuts?

personally i think they were under pressure to cut the silly long queues at passport control + funding cuts + job cuts =just let them wander through

although

baldSpot – Member
    Yeah, because, obviously, mass illegal immigration is a good thing

i suspect that rather than coming here looking for council houses, free nhs treatment, and with their extended family stashed in their hand luggage (as the daily failers here are so scared of) most of the travellers were infact on holiday and probably a bit miffed they didnt get another stamp in their passport

Northwind

I’d be interested to hear more about the functional side of this… Worth mentioning again that this didn’t mean there were no immigration checks- no impact on basic passport checking, just the biometrics and more advanced checks.

I wonder how effective that terror suspects list is and how much checking is normally done- the financial terrorist list is a total joke, just done to give the impression of government taking action, is this just more of the same? Do they really resort to looking up names of lists?

Junkyard – Member

Surprised this one was not on here – even I was struggling to understand this let alone defend it

As far as I could tell, the payout was only because they held him in custody pending investigation, but then stopped investigating. Holding him in general was fine but holding him and not pursuing the case wasn’t.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘have we done the immigration story yet?’ is closed to new replies.