Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gravel bikes, CX Stylee flared drops suggestions
  • antigee

reading a review of the GT Grade gravel racer I see the drops are a 14 degree flare

– got to replace the STI’s on my CX Stylee / adventure gravel racer / drop bar hybrid and am thinking will try some flared drops if improves control off road – a quick look tells me my Easton bars are flared not that I’d noticed, but when I look roadie’s think 2 degrees is sufficient flare to keep their enormous testosterone pumped hands from scraping on the underside of the bars

so what options for flared drops for off road budget to around £100? will go cheap chinese carbon if you are still alive to recommend

scotroutes

Woodchippers? Love mine.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Woodchippers….hate mine.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Midges.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Salsa Cowbells?

kcal

Cowbells. 2 is lighter (by about 4.21g) and about double the price…

steveoath
    Free Member

+1 for midges. And not too expensive if you don’t like ’em.

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive got some wtb dirt drops for sale if your anywhere near leeds mate

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Midges are an extreme departure – cowbells are just nice.

I have cowbells on my tripster – and every time I get on my road bike the non-flared bars just feel wrong – even on the road.

Road all day Saturday and they still didn’t feel much better by the end of the ride.

antigee

cheers – salsa well worth a look at and not on my radar other than frame lust – think there is a hipster style cargobike shop sometimes pass that does their stuff so may go look and feel

see they do a “cowchipper” half way between the cowbell and the woodchipper

not sure on midges think I want a roadie size drop down – but a good point on the price worth a punt as long as I ignore the discounted beanies and tee’s which would be cupboard fodder

thanks firestarter – ex southerner lived in Yorkshire many years but currently live in Aus’, coldest winter night for 20 years yesterday all of -1 degree (C) and Melbourne airport had to stop flights

nedrapier

I’ve got the Cowbells and like em.

There are some newish ones – genesis something or other – that look interesting. johnclimber has some on his goppingly wonderful/wonderfully gopping franeknlauf cross thing.

Edit – genetic digest from Ison.

http://ison-distribution.com/english/product.php?part=HBGED44K&PHPSESSID=lbd0vn7pad98olotfoqbg5iqb6

http://johnclimber.com/2015/03/14/comfycross-not-monstercross/

dragon
    Free Member

Is STW the new CTC?

What’s wrong with normal drop bars offroad? Nothing is the correct answer.

firestarter
    Free Member

Lucky man antigee 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Got some Cowbell 2 in the spares box if anyone is looking, 44s I think

Moses

Satori Smooth drops? but I’ve no idea where to buy them.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

flared bars put your elbows further out which is much better for control.

brassneck

I prefer Cowbells on road too, the position on the drops is much more friendly to those who aren’t pretending to be sprinting for 1st at the next lamp post.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I was riding a hire bike today , it made me think How do some of you guys cope riding hire bikes ? It must be absolute hell for you

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gravel bikes, CX Stylee flared drops suggestions’ is closed to new replies.