• This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gorrick Test Valley Tour
  • Muke
    Free Member

Anyone doing the Cool challenge this Sunday ?

I really enjoyed the Hot one back in June but guessing this one may get renamed the wet one 😉

http://www.testvalleytour.com/cool_mtb.htm

phil40
    Free Member

I am doing it, although not sure whether to go for the 30km route or the 45km.

They say it is a mix of bridle ways and trails etc, anyone know how technical it is likely to be, bearing in mind I am unfit and not very confident!

See you there bright and early on Sunday morning.

frogstomp

Yup, I’m down for the long route.. at this rate it looks like being very muddy – might bring a mud tyre (or the CX bike!).

phil40 – nothing overly technical, some singletrack through Collingbourne Woods and possibly some chalky/flinty descents that can get slippery when wet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yak

Yes – planning on doing this. Will have to enter on the day though.

hmmmm – what tyres…

drover
    Free Member

Yes will be doing it…. Forecast is for Stormy weather unfortunately 😥

Yak

Best guess for tarmac/stoney stuff v mud-meggedon ratio please?

frogstomp

I think most of the going should be ok, the main claggy stuff will probably be around the edge of the woods.

The route map is up on Gorrick’s Facebook page and should be on their site later today.

PS. Don’t forget to change your clocks!

Muke
    Free Member

Crud guards fitted, dug out the waterproofs and so now I’d just like to request that the predicted high winds are of the tail variety rather than the trying hard but going backwards headwind kind please 😉

Yak

Frogstomp – ok thanks.

I’ve never ridden there so hadn’t a clue. I won’t bother switching to mud tyres then.
    Forecast doesn’t seem quite as bad now either.

Muke
    Free Member

From Gorrick crew…..

Final update before tomorrow from our route prep team:
    Just back from setting the woods course. Muddy where the logging trucks have been, but that’s only for a hundred metres or so. Lots of the singletrack has no mud or puddles!

drover
    Free Member

I think mud will the least of our worries….

frogstomp

Definitely pretty blowy here at the moment.. at least we shouldn’t get the hail of a few years back!

drover
    Free Member

Well that was fun, and rather muddy……will have to review the tyre choice for next time….though i doubt any would of been better in the gloop at Collingbourne Wood….

frogstomp

Good fun, would have liked a bit more grip on the rear in places but then that would have hindered the drier and road stretches.. bit blustery on the exposed parts but not as bad as expected!

Muke
    Free Member

I think that’s the muddiest/wettest under wheel ride I have ever done, 29″ crud catcher on the rear worked brilliantly though. I was so pleased I was running tubeless as I passed lots of people with punctures.
    Thanks to the Gorrick team for the sunshine and all the effort they put into organizing these rides.

Muke
    Free Member
    Yak

Great ride with some really fun bits in the woods.
    Yeah it was muddy, but all the course was running well, so well done to the Gorrick team.
    I’ve never done an ‘mtb sportive’ type ride before and its quite refreshing – lots of folk on the route of all abilities, everyone cheery, no agro and its got me to a pretty lovely part of the uk I’ve never been to before.
    All finished with a nice pub lunch.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick Test Valley Tour’ is closed to new replies.