Home Forums Bike Forum Good wheelbuilders in central Scotland

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good wheelbuilders in central Scotland
  • The-Duke

Hi, looking to rebuild my pro 2 hubs with stans crest rims but i've heard their harder to build than other rims. Can anyone recommend a good wheelbuilder in central scotland with experience of building with stans. Cheers

DickBarton

Al Gow from Wheelcraft[/url] in Clachan of Campsie – seriously good builder with amazingly low prices.
    Mark Leadbetter near Stirling (lives in Alva) – contact him via Flying Fox Bikes.

Both know their stuff and build very very good wheels – I've had a fair few sets from Al and can't fault them, I've had 1 set from Mark (now live close to Mark) and they have been amazingly good – I can't find anything to separate them in terms of quality of wheel they build.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

Phone wheelcraft and see if they can help , based just outside Glasgow , put wheelcraft in the forum search they are very highly regarded as the best wheel builders around.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Not really central, but really recommend Phil at Bothy Bikes. A set he built for me a year ago are still totally straight despite some truly horrible water bar hits, mainly down to my general incompetence

The-Duke

Cheers, might go and speak to Al at wheelcraft tomorrow

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Velo Ecosse in Edinburgh built my stans wheels. I can recommend them if you're close to them.

bigG
    Free Member

Big Al wins everytime, see here – – just don't ask for black spokes..

rep341
    Free Member

WHEELCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good wheelbuilders in central Scotland’ is closed to new replies.