Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Going tubeless – is my tyre borked?
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

So took the plunge and went down the tubeless route with sealant, washed the rims before fitting, and the spesh eskar on the front seems to have deflated overnight. I take it, its tubes or a new tyre time.

Admittedly there was some air bubbling out the tthe water on the sidewall but i thought sealant was supposed to cure this?

Do i admit defeat and go back to tubes or buy a bonty acx for the front as well?
    Any other suggestions?

firestarter
    Free Member

dan you need to spin/shake etc the tyre , leave the bubbling bit at the bottom loads of different methods and it will seal in the end. i find going out on a ride the best way of getting it sealed properly tho

Wally

Very normal to deflate, reinflate and then do the hands at 3 and 9 oclock wiggle wiggle, then rotate a little, re wiggle to get sealant all the way around tyre. Ride it a bit. Await the next morning. It should stay up if enough sealant was in it to seal the holes. Good luck.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I leave mine flat on a bucket for an hour on each side

gee
    Free Member

Do the tubeless dance as above. It is very normal to have to re-inflate the tyre a few times over the first few days.

How much spooge did you put in? Can you see any bug cuts in the tyre where the spooge/air is coming out?

GB

vinnyeh

It’s worth watching the movie even if you’re not using the Stan’s kit- a ssaid above the dance shown in the film is pretty much a necessity.

unklebuck
    Free Member

It happens, as long as its not the kind of leak where it goes down in the space of a couple of minutes it’ll usually seal ok after shaking and or riding, I’ve only had to use the bucket trick on really thin sidewalled tyres.

I’ve recently just taken to going for a local ride and checking the pressure every time I have to stop, I’m sure that shakes the tyre a lot more than I ever could in the garage!

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Spent a couple of hours yesterday & again today trying to get Racing Ralphs onto retard rims (29er) would only seal with CO2 & valve core removed. Just won’t seat on the rims.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Going tubeless – is my tyre borked?’ is closed to new replies.