Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Globe Inn, Glossop. How do they make money?
  • RustySpanner

Their own, delicious, Globe Pilsner – £2.00 per pint.
    Pint of lemonade, big slice of fruit, ice if required, 80p!
    Huge portions of homemade veggie goodness from a couple of quid.

How the hell can thay make money at these prices?
    Logic would suggest that they must, so what must the profit margins of the large pubco's be?

And in the same week, I've had news that my favourite independant brewery will be closing in the next two weeks, taking the only good pub in my own town with it. 😥

You Glossop lot don't know how lucky you are…….

samuri
    Free Member

so what must the profit margins of the large pubco's be?

Vast. On soft drinks in particular they make insane amounts of money. Don't forget, most soft drinks are delivered as a concentrate in a compresed tube. At about 4p a drink.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i love the globe. realistically priced soft drinks, and stupidly good value vegan grub too. it makes money because it's very popular, from what i've seen…

BillMC

Most managers in pubcos pay staggering amounts of rent (having bought the lease) before they see any profit themselves.

Coyote
    Free Member

It is the breweries that are destroying pubs. Tying the tennant landlord to buy exclusively from them at higher than market prices coupled with astronomical rent. Prices at the Globe sound reasonable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Globe Inn, Glossop. How do they make money?’ is closed to new replies.