Viewing 6 posts - 321 through 326 (of 326 total)
  • Glastonbury 2014
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

MY TAKE…

sadexpunk

just back from holiday abroad so catching up with iplayer now. just watched kasabian which i thought was good, manics seemed a bit lame, now halfway through metallica. initial thoughts are it started off well but getting a bit drudgy now. oh and lars looks the spit of anthony hopkins/hannibal with his hair like that 🙂

will catch up with a few suggestions from this thread later.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

any ide where I can find the Arcade fire set? I’m not home until next week so I guess it will have gone from iPlayer…

DezB
    Free Member

Archade Fire’s set (not HD, a search may find better quality)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Psrwe7IJc

slimjim78
    Free Member

Saw Arcade Fire at Earls Court the week before and saw them again at Hyde Park last week.

I have a man crush on Win, and a total boner for Reflektor et al.

The Glasto AF set was awesome.

CountZero

rascal – Member
    Nickc – clearly I can’t count
    Backing singers aren’t uncommon but what I meant was why do they need an extra instrumentalist?
    They should be able to replicate the studio sound with the usual set-up surely.

When a band play multiple instruments during the recording of an album, which ones should they play when doing it live?
    Many musicians will play several different instruments during a song, sometimes at the same time, (3 being the maximum I’ve seen*), but extra musicians are needed to fill things out.
    Goldfrapp are a duo, but they have regular studio musicians who also tour as Goldfrapp, and Elbow have gradually added extra musicians as their touring set-up, for the additional strings and brass that would otherwise have to be recorded or keyboard samples. Mellotron, anyone?
    Some bands manage just by playing loud, like Blood Red Shoes who are a duo, and Honeyblood, a duo on LaLa’s 6Nusic show today were asked exactly that, as they have extra musicians in the studio, and they said, at the moment, they’ll just play louder to fill in the gaps!
    I really don’t see how it matters, it’s up to the artist how they present the music, and if they can afford to tour with a couple of extra people, who might have worked in the studio anyway, then great.
    * Katzenjammer are brilliant for that, all the girls are multi-instrumentalists, and continually swap instruments on stage.

Viewing 6 posts - 321 through 326 (of 326 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2014’ is closed to new replies.