Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Geordies PSA: Free Bike Jumble Sale at The Cycle Hub (Sunday 5th August 2012)
  • GrahamS

The Cycle Hub have just posted this on their facebook page:

Caption reads: “The first bike jumble is happening on the morning of Sunday 5th August from 10 till 12.
    It will be outside the Hub and we will be providing our outside benches for stalls. We only have 10 benches so we recommend bringing a small table just in case.
    Sell, swap, donate, buy and look all types of bike parts, bring it all. If we generate enough interest it will become a bi-monthly/monthly event.
    See you down the Hub”

Might be worth going to if anyone is looking for some bargains or has a shed to clear.

Drac

Might be worth a look and there’s always The Free Trade Inn if it’s a bit rubbish.

GrahamS

Maybe a bit early for a pint, but the Hub has some nice cakes and does a decent enough coffee. 😀

Drac

Maybe a bit early for a pint,

I’m sorry I don’t understand?

GrahamS

10am on a Sunday Drac? Oooof!

Lunchtime maybe.

Drac

Nah bit of dog on your cornflakes, champion.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The soup I had from the cycle hub was top notch and the service impecable!

GrahamS

*reminder bump* It’s this Sunday

Pyro

Thinking of heading up from Leeds as I’ve a bunch of sorted bike bits to shift before I move house. Any other Yorkshire dwellers want to split fuel?

Drac

Ooh thanks for reminding, might not make it though we have a post ride pub night planned on Saturday.

GrahamS

Glad you made it Pyro. Only caught the tail end of it. Hadn’t factored on having to pick through the Tyne Bridges festival and the Sunday Market at the Quayside.

Enjoyed the nachos and soup though. 😀

Looks like the jumble is going to be a regular thing now, first Sunday of each month.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Glad it worked, I was hoping to get there, but it clashed with a 4-year old’s birthday party.
    Will try to get there to one of the future ones.

GrahamS

If you’re on faceache then Like this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/TheCycleHubNewcastle

And they’ll no doubt post a reminder when the next one is due.

Pyro

Cheers Graham, was a good morning. A small, select bunch of sellers (ermmm…) but a fairly wide range of stuff on offer. Should make the next one, if I can, and it’d be good to see more folks there.

Have to say, the coffee and cakes in the Cycle Hub were excellent as well 🙂

GrahamS

UPDATE: The bike jumble has now been made a monthly event.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Geordies PSA: Free Bike Jumble Sale at The Cycle Hub (Sunday 5th August 2012)’ is closed to new replies.