Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Full face, giro remedy or 661 evo wired
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

Im going to buy a full face helmet and have about £100 to spend, anyone got a remedy? Have had 2 TLD D2s in the past but they have become silly money!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

661 Evo looks great and light even for composite, goggles fit well and seen some sponsored riders in them.

Take your goggles and try them (after having some bad fits before)

boxxer7
    Free Member

Biggest trouble with trying anything on is all my local bike shops (4 of them) are all biased towards roadies and a bit of XC and commuters.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I reckon both are a pretty similar fit. I got a 661 Evo in the end – the Remedy was made slightly comfier with a nice soft lining, but they are really massive – felt like having a motorbike helmet on, but lighter. I much prefer the relatively trim 661 – much closer in feel to a TLD, but you’ll notice the cheaper materials – particularly the liner. Still a great helmet though.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above they are not dissimilar in terms of fit. The Remedy is typical Giro and the Evo is typical 661 I think the Remedy possibly accomodates a wider range of head shapes/sizes (the lining is quite thick) but they are both very nice. Might also want to consider a Fox Rampage – there are five (or six?) different sizes and if it fits it will fit very well.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I looked at the fox rampage, was put off by a bad customer review on CRC (not the best place i know) it just mentioned build quality being iffy. Looking at the giro sizing the sizes fit a huge head range where as the 661 medium is 56-58cm and im 57cm which sound like it might be perfect. Dont like the idea of the remedy being huge too?

rocketman
    Free Member

Fwiw the lbs got a couple of Rampages in for me to look at in just a couple of days (fox europe are oop north somewhere). Might be worth a try

boxxer7
    Free Member

Just ordered the 661, I had made up my mind on buying a remedy only for it to be out of stock, will let everyone know how I get on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Full face, giro remedy or 661 evo wired’ is closed to new replies.