• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nre.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fulcrum Red Power 29er Wheels?
  • cjr61

Looking for a light XC pair to go on Swift Monstercross. Ok, I appreciate ‘Light/Cheap/Strong’ so these will not be the most durable. That being said I’m on a rigid bike so not planning any heroics.

Any opinions or reviews?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fulcrum-red-power-29-centre-lock-mtb-wheelset/rp-prod157059

They do look good value.

Thanks

Northwind

Fulcrum are terrible to deal with, parts availability for mine was rubbish and expensive, and literally the only time the customer service people ever answered an email was to tell me something wrong. “You need adaptor X”. Nope. Discovering the bearings were only sealed on one side “to reduce friction” was a treat too.

But that’s some price.

fifeandy
    Free Member

They aren’t listing them as tubeless ready which would put me off

cjr61

Thanks both. Surely everything is pretty much tubeless now with a little gorilla tape? I would plan to go tubeless and BC 10% discount makes them even more appealing.

nre
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of the 27.5 version on my Anthem for the past 14months, no issues other than they are a little unfashionably narrow. I think the latest versions are wider (& heavier), guessing they are selling off stocks of the old ones? Mine were £160ish from Germany…

I’m using them tubeless with a set of standard Racing Ralphs & gorilla tape.

EDIT: In fact they have the later, wider, heavier ones listed at £150 too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fulcrum Red Power 29er Wheels?’ is closed to new replies.