Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fox stantion wear – thing of the past or still a problem?
  • Bullet

Looking to replace my 05 Talas forks that have bad stantion wear – are the 09/10 Fox forks better or do they still wear the anodizing off? Is it all down to the regular servicing requirement?

Failing that are Rockshox Revelations more hard wearing?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh no here we go – seat drawn up and tea brewing [sitting back].

My five pence – 04, 07 and 09 Fox Forks. All with perfect uppers at level of seals. 04, worn bushings and lower uppers d.t. age and use but functioning well still on my wifes bike. I do a seal clean every 4-5 dirty rides and do not use jet washers. Also put a little sus oil on the seals after a ride/clean bike. My mates 08' Talas he sold were scored d.t mud in seals and he never serviced them in the 2 years he had them , also anodising worn – he only ever washed them off so thats my five pence worth!

bananaworld
    Free Member

[offers around bourbon biscuits]

Did you know that typing "d.t" instead of "due to" saves three WHOLE characters which is a 50% saving of Indonesian orangutans.

Not a lot of people know that.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Foxy®ider – the saying is "my 2 penneth"

bananaworld
    Free Member

Rob – Foxy is factoring in the return to a 17.5% VAT rate + the stealth price increases that will go along with it.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Rob – its my decimal equivalent 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

Banana – I admit I got my Talas' in Jan when the price was a tad better – I agree they are uber expensive now 🙂 Not sure I would have the money to buy them at todays prices!

bananaworld
    Free Member

(Um, I was addressing Rob, in defence of you 😉 )

nasher
    Free Member

What about the new Marzocchi's?

3 year warranty with no service stipulations…..

2011 will be Marzocchi's year!!! and so will purple

foxyrider
    Free Member

🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

I had an on pair of bomber Z3 and they lasted for years – If I could not afford fox's I would prob get some marzochhi's TBH 🙂

Bullet

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys! Guess I asked for it really 🙂

bananaworld
    Free Member

(EDIT: Je suis trop confused)

Oh yes, and +1 for Marzocchi – you simply can't go wrong.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh Bullet – now see what you've done 😉

moremudplease
    Free Member

have run fox f90s that came with my 07 stumpy for 3 years,no service,no problems,also have set of 05 terralogics still going strong with no problems,mate had 08 f series and stanchions wore quite quickly

timberjack
    Free Member

got an 07 stumpy with float rl's and the stanchions are badly worn but i just change the oil and the seals when they start to leak and they last for about 5 months and it works out at about £20 a time, they still work well

dab

07 floats on a stmpy fsr .. still buttery smooth

considering getting bolt thro upgrade at service time too !!

just dont talk about the wheels …bloody alloy nipples
    xmas re build done to nice db stainless on brass nipple

hora
    Free Member

I wonder…..do Fox have the same service stipulations in the US or just here? Is it Importer-driven or from Fox themselves due to a high-level of warranty claims?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fox stantion wear – thing of the past or still a problem?’ is closed to new replies.