Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Formal tailors in the manchester area
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Right, i’ve a couple of weddings this year and i need something decent to wear. I’m 45 and never owned a suit – a fact for which i am happily grateful 🙂

I’m too short for a proper formal jacket and trews look, so what i would like is something ‘regency’ style, a double breasted waistcoat and trousers with a good shirt (summer weddings).

I’ve absolutely no idea where to look for such items so all suggestions happily recieved 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Choose that shirt wisely young MD….

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Maybe not ‘quite’ the Lord Byron look… (no desire to die of typhus on my way to a greek battlefield!):)

LapSteel
    Free Member

Novaks, Burnley rd, Rawtenstall used to sell all manner of wedding garb….might be worth a look if your in the area.
    Haven’t been in for a few years though…

Bregante

Slaters in Manchester used to be alright for smart stuff. They do their own alterations as well.

http://www.slaters.co.uk/mens-clothing/mens-formal/mens-suits

crikey
    Free Member

I’m thinking that given your …Ahem…gothic tendencies in the past, you’d be up for some kind of toned down steampunk thing?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m very tempted to go down the ‘steampunk route, but it really does need to be worn in the real world as well!
    Always liked the regency look so i’m looking for something like a fitted, double-breasted waistcoat with fairly slim fitting trousers as my legs are that short that regular width trousers make them look even shorter.

Esme
    Free Member

One funny-shaped member of my family uses Raja Fashions .

They send a tailor out on tour, to measure up clients, then the garments are manufactured in Hong Kong.

I think they’re in Manchester next week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Formal tailors in the manchester area’ is closed to new replies.